• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't have friends, unless you count.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
My husband is my closest friend. I know a few other people that I consider friends, and I have an elderly friend who I regard as an older sister and mentor. Aside from my advocacy endeavors, I'm a relatively private person and not particularly social. I don't normally socialize with others or go out of my way to meet new people and make friends. I prefer to be alone. I'm considerably more sociable on this forum, but there is only one person here that I consider a friend, even though I've never met her in person and probably never will. She is someone I've come to trust and feel comfortable talking to her privately.

Hooded_Crow

Taking flight
Anything more than a small group and I shut down and look forward to it ending.
Yes! When my dogs were alive, I would use them as an excuse to leave a social event. "Sorry, got to go and let my dogs out".
Can't use that line anymore, so I just don't go.
I could always pretend that I've got a new dog, though (or I could just actually get a new dog).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My husband is my closest friend. I know a few other people that I consider friends, and I have an elderly friend who I regard as an older sister and mentor. Aside from my advocacy endeavors, I'm a relatively private person and not particularly social. I don't normally socialize with others or go out of my way to meet new people and make friends. I prefer to be alone. I'm considerably more sociable on this forum, but there is only one person here that I consider a friend, even though I've never met her in person and probably never will. She is someone I've come to trust and feel comfortable talking to her privately.
I am also a very private person and not particularly social. I don't normally socialize with others or go out of my way to meet new people and make friends. I'm considerably more sociable on this forum, but a while back I decided to keep my private matters to myself, sharing them with only those who are my friends.

For 37 years, my late husband was my best friend, and I never went out looking for friends because I did not feel a need for any, so you can imagine the shock when he passed on and I was left all alone. I have managed to get by but since I have no children or grandchildren and no other family, it has not been easy.

During the last 12 years or so I have made friends with people on forums although I have never met them in person. Most of those friends were atheists on forums I used to post on before I came here, but I had one friend who was a Christian who was a psychic medium and she lived in Texas. She even helped me start up a forum of my own and was my moderator for a while. A long time ago I lost track of those friends I made on other forums. That seems like a lifetime ago. The only person from those forums I have kept in touch with is @Truthseeker.

I now have three people on this forum who I consider good friends, you, @Truthseeker, and @JustGeorge. I have not been communicating with @JustGeorge for a while, but I still consider her a good friend and I plan to resume communication with her after I get some personal issues resolved.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I am also a very private person and not particularly social. I don't normally socialize with others or go out of my way to meet new people and make friends. I'm considerably more sociable on this forum, but a while back I decided to keep my private matters to myself, sharing them with only those who are my friends.

For 37 years, my late husband was my best friend, and I never went out looking for friends because I did not feel a need for any, so you can imagine the shock when he passed on and I was left all alone. I have managed to get by but since I have no children or grandchildren and no other family, it has not been easy.

During the last 12 years or so I have made friends with people on forums although I have never met them in person. Most of those friends were atheists on forums I used to post on before I came here, but I had one friend who was a Christian who was a psychic medium and she lived in Texas. She even helped me start up a forum of my own and was my moderator for a while. A long time ago I lost track of those friends I made on other forums. That seems like a lifetime ago. The only person from those forums I have kept in touch with is @Truthseeker.

I now have three people on this forum who I consider good friends, you, @Truthseeker, and @JustGeorge. I have not been communicating with @JustGeorge for a while, but I still consider her a good friend and I plan to resume communication with her after I get some personal issues resolved.
I wondered where'd you'd been!

Hope you get them resolved soon!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I wondered where'd you'd been!

Hope you get them resolved soon!
I have been here all along, but I did not want to bother you with my most recent problems.

Nobody knows what has been going on in my personal life lately except Ken, from the dating site, since he has been following my stories for almost two years. We are just friends but he is a good friend.

Some of this could be resolved tomorrow, or it could drag on. Hopefully I will be able to give you some good news after tomorrow.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been here all along, but I did not want to bother you with my most recent problems.

Nobody knows what has been going on in my personal life lately except Ken, from the dating site, since he has been following my stories for almost two years. We are just friends but he is a good friend.

Some of this could be resolved tomorrow, or it could drag on. Hopefully I will be able to give you some good news after tomorrow.
I look forward to hearing from you! Good luck!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We have a very close-knit extended family and some really good friends. I have two friends that I've been with for over 70 years now, and some other friends from the U.P., several of which are spending part of the week with us.

BTW, part of our success is that we don't talk politics unless we know we're in agreement.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
We have a very close-knit extended family and some really good friends. I have two friends that I've been with for over 70 years now, and some other friends from the U.P., several of which are spending part of the week with us.

BTW, part of our success is that we don't talk politics unless we know we're in agreement.
That gives me a good idea of how old you are.

Yes, speaking of politics with a stranger is not at all wise.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I have a few friends in person and a few friends online. I only socialize (in person) once or twice a month though. I leave the door open to inviting more in, but usually don't go out of my way to bring people in.
My goodness, you're a staff member now! That's new, isn't it? I'm not good at noticing things, so perhaps you were before when I encountered you here before. I've been here little, also.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
My goodness, you're a staff member now! That's new, isn't it? I'm not good at noticing things, so perhaps you were before when I encountered you here before. I've been here little, also.
Yeppers. There’s a new sheriff in town

IMG_0944.jpeg

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I have no friends in this city in real life. They've either moved to other states and some of them have died. I have no family, either. I'm estranged from every one of my relatives except my oldest sister in California, but she's disabled, and it's hard to think of our relationship as siblings because she was an adult by the time I was born. There's also been long periods of us not communicating with each other so we don't really know each other that well.