• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I give up fighting Islamophobia

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I'm throwing in the towel. I've been fighting Islamophobia since 2001 and I am about to give up. It's a steamroller that can't be stopped and it will plunge this world into a war in which even the moderates on both sides will slaughter one another. Have fun with that!

Deidre

I'm throwing in the towel. I've been fighting Islamophobia since 2001 and I am about to give up. It's a steamroller that can't be stopped and it will plunge this world into a war in which even the moderates on both sides will slaughter one another. Have fun with that!

How do you define Islamophobia?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its always worth fighting the good fight. At times Islam is hard to defend, but it has many good things about it, if only people would take the time to talk to Muslims about Islam rather than get their information from biased, prejudiced media and other sources.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Its always worth fighting the good fight. At times Islam is hard to defend, but it has many good things about it, if only people would take the time to talk to Muslims about Islam rather than get their information from biased, prejudiced media and other sources.
I'm just burnt out. Just don't have the strength for it. I feel like I am trying to hold back a tidal wave with just my hand.

Lyndon

Premium Member
If you believe some prophecies, God tells us the evil side will fall, its not up to us to do that, its up to God. I for one do not think Islam is the evil side set to fall, I can see other candidates though, such as the banking system etc!!

Deidre

Irrational fear of Islam

Yea...I've found that it's not so bad to entertain someone who has a difference of opinion, or they view the religion itself as 'toxic,' which I've heard a lot of that, as well. But, it's the sense of arrogance that such people demonstrate that I just can't deal with, anymore. I have no desire to entertain arrogant know it all's...about anything anymore. I've also found that the most knowledgeable and truly intellectual people are those who are the most humble. They don't feel the need to brag about their knowledge. You'll know them when you see/meet them. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You need a vacation. Phobias of different kinds are a permanent part of the human condition. Fight them when you're motivated, & rest when it becomes intolerable.

Lyndon

Premium Member
I looked at my profile on the post above and it said 666, I said what the F....!!! then realized it was my 666th post, hope that has no special significance!!

Lyndon

Premium Member
I think there are some very very good reasons to fear the Islamophobes, they are the ones propelling us towards some kind of world war, they are the ones that don't want us to live together in peace, they are what's wrong with America IMHO

Sees

Dragonslayer
I think both real Islamaphobia, i.e. the I hate this or that because it's foreign and different type of phobia, and overdoing it with some "Islam equals candy and kisses" - cause issues.

People today are pretty quick to sniff out some form of one-sided propaganda and info manipulation going on. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative for whatever subject.

outhouse

Atheistically

People have a right to fear a religion with no real control or government, that is responsible for thousands and thousands of deaths, which for the most part are sectarian in nature, IE muslims murdering muslims over religious differences that lead to political difference, power struggles, and land grabs.

My biggest complaint, is that religion of all kinds and practices require moderation on how far anyone lets it run their life, before fanaticism and fundamentalism take over.

Im not sure this religion knows how to moderate properly just yet. Its my belief what once was a proud religion that accepted science and knowledge without question OVER religion, took a wrong turn some 1100 years ago when it was the center for knowledge in the world. And it has not recovered from a bad iman.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Wait, is fear of Islam and criticism of Islam the same thing? I think the world would be better off without it, but I'm not afraid of it.

A lot of people think that, the same as there are lots of Christians who think that criticizing Christianity or stopping Christian special privileges is somehow discrimination against Christians. It isn't.