• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have become boring

vulcanlogician

Anyone who uses big words like 'shoo-in' shouldn't be allowed. I have no idea what that means. Most likely it is a misspelling of shoe, but then what would be a shoo-out?

Like, um, when you see a housefly in your kitchen, and you don't want to kill it. So you open a window and "shoo out" the fly?

vulcanlogician

I struggle to put bugs outside at this time of year when the temps drop below freezing.

Yeah, but by that time they've already laid eggs in your house. And that's what they set out to do in the first place.

Although insect neurology is still uncertain, the best evidence suggests that they don't "feel cold." They just kinda fly out into freezing temperatures, realize their body doesn't work in those climes, and then die.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I have become boring :confused:

I used to post crazy things here

But I don't anymore

People change...........

But you're still here. Maybe what you hope to gain from RF has changed compared to when you first joined?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, but by that time they've already laid eggs in your house. And that's what they set out to do in the first place.

Although insect neurology is still uncertain, the best evidence suggests that they don't "feel cold." They just kinda fly out into freezing temperatures, realize their body doesn't work in those climes, and then die.
In the last few weeks, I've found that taking them in as guest doesn't necessarily prolong their lives.

My tiny apartment lacks food for them, and a stupid cricket I allowed to stay because I found it too cold to put out, despite my being careful and warning him when I found him hopping around where I walk and directing him elsewhere, somehow found his way under my foot in the bathroom anyway.

That and the spider that was waking across my desk that stopped to watch me for a while was found dead just under my dresser over the weekend.

But yes, I will spend spring chasing their offspring outside.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
In the last few weeks, I've found that taking them in as guest doesn't necessarily prolong their lives.

My tiny apartment lacks food for them, and a stupid cricket I allowed to stay because I found it too cold to put out, despite my being careful and warning him when I found him hopping around where I walk and directing him elsewhere, somehow found his way under my foot in the bathroom anyway.

That and the spider that was waking across my desk that stopped to watch me for a while was found dead just under my dresser over the weekend.

But yes, I will spend spring chasing their offspring outside.
Hah.....Maybe you're the reason my Froggie died.