• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I look on the Emperor

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
And I see what he is wearing. But that is not what interests me.

What interests me is the fact that almost nobody else agrees with me, or each other, about what he is wearing. Some people are even saying that the Emperor's clothes are so magnificent, they encompass all possible outfits at once, or that he is wearing one of those new-fangled e-ink suits that can appear as anything else. (but is really just a suit underneath)

To me, this suggests something about the Emperor's clothes. Does it suggest anything to you? ;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And I see what he is wearing. But that is not what interests me.

What interests me is the fact that almost nobody else agrees with me, or each other, about what he is wearing. Some people are even saying that the Emperor's clothes are so magnificent, they encompass all possible outfits at once, or that he is wearing one of those new-fangled e-ink suits that can appear as anything else. (but is really just a suit underneath)

To me, this suggests something about the Emperor's clothes. Does it suggest anything to you? ;)
... that everyone but you is lying or deluded?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
And draw us near
And bind us tight
All your children here
In their rags of light
In our rags of light
All dressed to kill
And end this night
If it be your will

(Leonard Cohen)

CircularLogic

Who made the Emperor emperor? And of what?

It was the criminal minds who so tricked the befuddled emperor to believe he was wearing something, it was the ignorance of the people who allowed him to continue.