• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need advice

What should I do (read post first)

• Go with her.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Go to your own church

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • put foot down

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • dump her now

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Mr. Peanut

Hi! I put go with her, but I mean to church in general. Visit many churches. I have done this myself, I tell them I am visiting many churches when they ask me to come back--they always do. Take the time to sit and study together and get materials that you can both learn and grow from and find a common faith. (the common denomination, lol) Seems a good idea in case of babies...

Cheers!

Carol wis

I'm in agreement with PureX. I'll tell ya, the best advice you can get is from people who have been married 25 or more years. You should examine your whole relationship, Dating is a part of life to find out if you will truly be happy with each other for the rest of your life, that's the whole meaning of dating. Ask yourself some questions, does she always want and get her way? Does she respect the times you say "No" like when you say "yes" to her on everything in your lives? I'm with Purex, take your time on this one, you never know (there just might be another for ya) Good luck, Carol

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'd just dump her if I were you... She'll most likely always be a crazy religious person, and you don't want to have to live with that forever, do you?? If you are both very stubborn about your religions, it won't be a fun relationship... I know I wouldn't want to be with someone who is always telling me that I am wrong about everything, and always making me go to church.

richardlowellt

Get out before it is to late, sounds like a one sided relationship to me,"do what I want or we are done" And believe me it will only get worse, what church do we get married in? How are the children to brought up? which religion? what kind of dicipline? I like my friends, not yours, and it will go o and on. I imagine that you love her, but with her attutude love will very slowly evaporate.

Somkid

From my personal experience (since it is the only experience I have) mixed religious beliefs relationship are the worst situation I have ever been in.