• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Quit Smoking! .....I hope!

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
You have my best wishes also. Giving up amphetamines was very difficult also, so I have a fairly good idea of what you're going through. Just remember, if you're ever feeling really bad and needing a smoke, seek support! Your friends and loved ones are going to be your greatest allies in this struggle.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
_1211559_antismoking_poster150.jpg
I know. I haven't had a ciggy since October 18. It's not easy. It's like a coffee drinker eliminating coffee all together. cardero used to purchase cartons of ciggy for me. I had two cartons in the refrigerator that were sitting in there since October. Everytime I opened the fridge, I wasn't having cravings. Now that I have gone this long (or maybe cause I am getting a little better with my illness), I am starting to have cravings and I am getting antsy :mad: . I feel that I need to light a ciggy but then I tell myself that I have gone this far, why not go all the way. cardero had finally gotten rid of my ciggies so I don't have to look at them any longer. But the cravings are still there. I have to have the strength and find other ways to keep my mind off of nicotine.

Congratulations and keep up the good work :clap .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, I messed up big time today. First off, the sunday crowd is always the worse, add a little ****ing brat throwing a big temper, and a ****tarded mom, and the stress goes through the roof. The story is, typical Sunday "Hollier than though" crowd had stress high, so I was dusting the cigar section, which easily takes three hours. I had my back turned to the entrance, and I heard a little kid throwing a big tantrum. First thing that little ****er does when he walks in is run up to me and hit me on the back, and the mom did NOTHING! I already through the pack of cigars down so hard they broke, I heard the brat hitting and throwing stuff, and the mom WAS ****ING LAUGHING ABOUT IT! I got up, kicked the stool I was sitting on into the office, which broke and made a loud thud, I hope that got the point that I was really ****ed about it got across thier minds, I went straight outside without even getting my jacket in 30 degree weather, and ended up smoking three cigarettes.
Sorry about the language, but the moms reaction was ****ing uncalled for. I was so ****ed about it I was shaking for over an hour. Last time I ever work a Sunday.

Judgement Day

WeAreAllOne said:
Well it's been exsactly 25 hours and 32 min. since I had a Smoke. I went a got this laser treatment with a cold laser. the use accupunture points and stuff. Worked pretty well. I had some pretty bad cravings last night but so far 0 today!. Man I hope this works. I dono what the point of this was, just wanted to share I guess!
Good luck :)! I've tried smoking once or twice before, and cant believe how someone can be addicted to smoking, it tasted so bad. Im trying to give up on ramen noodles. These noodles really puts on my weight! Keep up the good work!

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
I wish you the very best on this. I know how difficult it is. I've tried to quit several time, but I'm still a smoker I'm ashamed to say. But keep in mind, they say it takes 30 days to for a habit to form so it must take at least that long for you to break it. Good Luck, now go kick that habit! :149:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well the taste, you get over it after the first few. I really liked the menthol in the first ones I had. Actually, I know addicted because the thought of a Salem ff black makes my mouth water, and after my last failed quit attempt, my mouth was watering more than a well prepaired and cooked steak would, and thats as I was opening the pack.

WeAreAllOne

Well it's now been three days, and I only had one slip up so far (it was about 1/4 of a cig and I dident even really inhale) I'm sitting here at work and I'm amazed at how calm I feel. I'm not staring at the clock waiting for a break to go smoke or wanting to get the mail or anything. I'm just siting here reading and typing, and I feel fine. this is cool! oh a side note.. I'm kinda glad I slipped up yesterday because I learned something that will help me quit for good. I was stressed out about some stuff going on between me and my girlfriend, and I held out for about 5 hours, but then i gave in and had a cigg. but guess what, I still felt just as stressed! I relised that smoking hasent help me deal with anything I just think it has. and therefore there is no reason to do it anymore.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
d
Shadow Wolf said:
Well, I messed up big time today. First off, the sunday crowd is always the worse, add a little ****ing brat throwing a big temper, and a ****tarded mom, and the stress goes through the roof. The story is, typical Sunday "Hollier than though" crowd had stress high, so I was dusting the cigar section, which easily takes three hours. I had my back turned to the entrance, and I heard a little kid throwing a big tantrum. First thing that little ****er does when he walks in is run up to me and hit me on the back, and the mom did NOTHING! I already through the pack of cigars down so hard they broke, I heard the brat hitting and throwing stuff, and the mom WAS ****ING LAUGHING ABOUT IT! I got up, kicked the stool I was sitting on into the office, which broke and made a loud thud, I hope that got the point that I was really ****ed about it got across thier minds, I went straight outside without even getting my jacket in 30 degree weather, and ended up smoking three cigarettes.
Sorry about the language, but the moms reaction was ****ing uncalled for. I was so ****ed about it I was shaking for over an hour. Last time I ever work a Sunday.
I know how you feel. Been there. Some parent's just let their kids do what they want. I was at a grocery store on time and this kid with his mom in front of me started saying that he will do what ever he wants and that she can't do anything about it. The mother just took it calmly. This kid was really at it with his mouth. I couldn't believe it. The kid said that he wanted a drink and the mom said no. He told her to shut up and went and got a soda anyways. When he came back, it was like nothing ever happened. I wonder what the boy received when he got home. Let's just say that she did not teach this kid to ve respectful even in public. Sad but true.

I am sending you this huggaroos for having patience. May the rest of your week be better.
thugaroocd.gif

standing_alone

:clap Best of luck on quitting. I, myself, have no intention of giving up my Lucky Strikes. My bestest friends in the world. But, best of luck for you. I know if I gave up smoking, I'd go nuts. Stay strong.:jam:

standing_alone

What part of Lucky Strikes are toasted? Is it the paper, tobacco, or both?

I think just the tobacco. I don't know. I'm just a sucker for filterless cigarrettes, and let me tell you, Lucky Stikes are bliss that comes in a $3.47 pack. :D