• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I see ..i ..& ..i.....

drsatish

[FONT=&quot]I SEE.....![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well, WHO doesn't See?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Every single 'Point of View'....of humans...including Perception, Belief, Interpretation, Common Sense, Rational Logic, 'Spiritual' Insight....is ....a particular.....'SEE!..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Christians.....SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Americans.....SEE...something...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Atheists.........SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scientists.......SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Economists....SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Technologists..SEE..something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gadget-Freaks..SEE..something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ad..infinitum..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What do they ALL SEE.....?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I SEE...I....& ....I....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] (Christians SEE Christians ..&...Christians...)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] (Americans SEE Americans..&..Americans..)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] (Atheists SEE Atheists & Atheists..)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ad..infinitum![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] ALL INTER-HUMAN PROBLEMS, CRUELTY....are JUST due to THIS! I SEE ..I ..& ..I.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then, WHAT is the SOLUTION ????[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]....paradoxically, it is .... I SEE ..I ..& ..I..... !!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] How come?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] In THIS...I.....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I ......"includes" ......[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ...Christians..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ...Americans...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ..Atheists..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ..ad...infinitum![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I see,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I The Sea,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Satish[/FONT]

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
[FONT=&quot]ALL INTER-HUMAN PROBLEMS, CRUELTY....are JUST due to THIS! [/FONT]

I SEE nothing that makes human cruelty 'Just'. I SEE things that make human cruelty distasteful, even downright repulsive. I SEE things that try to rationalize and explain human cruelty, such as cryptic, crappy poetry excusing it as an inevitable, unavoidable manifestation of the human condition, when in truth there is no imminent cause for cruelty whatsoever, only a personal inclination to pursue it as a practice by wretched minds.

I SEE faulty judgment, failed art, bad excuses, befuddled thought, flawed conclusions and misguided verse that tries too hard to be witty rather than making clean, honest observations.

We obviously SEE things from vastly different perspectives. So it goes.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I SEE nothing that makes human cruelty 'Just'. I SEE things that make human cruelty distasteful, even downright repulsive. I SEE things that try to rationalize and explain human cruelty, such as cryptic, crappy poetry excusing it as an inevitable, unavoidable manifestation of the human condition, when in truth there is no imminent cause for cruelty whatsoever, only a personal inclination to pursue it as a practice by wretched minds.

I SEE faulty judgment, failed art, bad excuses, befuddled thought, flawed conclusions and misguided verse that tries too hard to be witty rather than making clean, honest observations.

Very poetic. :)

[FONT=&quot]I SEE.....![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well, WHO doesn't See?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Every single 'Point of View'....of humans...including Perception, Belief, Interpretation, Common Sense, Rational Logic, 'Spiritual' Insight....is ....a particular.....'SEE!..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Christians.....SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Americans.....SEE...something...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Atheists.........SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scientists.......SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Economists....SEE...something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Technologists..SEE..something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gadget-Freaks..SEE..something..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ad..infinitum..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What do they ALL SEE.....?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I SEE...I....& ....I....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Christians SEE Christians ..&...Christians...)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Americans SEE Americans..&..Americans..)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Atheists SEE Atheists & Atheists..)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ad..infinitum![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ALL INTER-HUMAN PROBLEMS, CRUELTY....are JUST due to THIS! I SEE ..I ..& ..I.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then, WHAT is the SOLUTION ????[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]....paradoxically, it is .... I SEE ..I ..& ..I..... !!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How come?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In THIS...I.....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I ......"includes" ......[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...Christians..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...Americans...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]..Atheists..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]..ad...infinitum![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I see,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I The Sea,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Satish[/FONT]
What you have so poetically pointed out is the way our Ideals jostle for dominance. We are cronically addicted to determining what is right and wrong and what is good and bad. I agree that all inter-human problems seem to be just due to this. The solution is to stop trying to impose these ideals, but rather to look objectively at the message within all of them. Herein lies the paradox, and perhaps a little irony.
There is written into every ideal the longing for peace, for peace is what we all truly desire. Peace cannot be imposed, but only realized by those willing to reject imposition.

A very insightful post drsatish, thank you!

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
There is written into every ideal the longing for peace, for peace is what we all truly desire.

Really? The person who kills for money, power, land, or otherwise, is really striving for peace? "Every Ideal", all examples, of hatred, oppression, greed, corruption, villainy, and all other idyllic selfishness of humans represents 'the longing for peace'?

With all due respect, would you mind explaining your statement above? And seriously, I don't mean to be disrespectful or offensive, but as I hoped to point out somewhat dryly and wryly in my original response, I think sometimes we let our poetic notions get the better of us. We often times write things for the way they sound or the way they transpose from the written page to our human ears, but we get carried away by our own metaphors and our own poetical conceits.

I honestly don't see anything that makes human cruelty just. And I don't think the OP as a 'poem' or other attempt at human communication is clear on its morality. Now, I'm certainly not saying it has to be for any reason. Everybody is welcome to hold a differing opinion. And everyone's welcome to practice an opposing morality to mine. But I certainly am not going to agree with it nor applaud it.

I sincerely think anything that rationalizes human cruelty, that says 'this is the reason it happens' and we need but understand those reasons to change things and make rational considerations on dealing with it, is a failed exposition, whether it be poetry or prose. There is no rationalization for human cruelty. There is no 'paradox', no impossible solution wherein the cause is the solution and the solution is the cause, leaving us unwilling to point our fingers directly at living culprits and say, "You, sir, are absolutely wrong."

I reject the idea that we humans just need to learn we're all of the same group and therefore abandon our selfish cruel behaviors. We just need to reject the IDEAL of human cruelty, period, whether we come to agreements as equals or consider ourselves a part of the larger whole and dismiss any and all other bland, pointless poetical tripe that sounds 'cool' but fails to say anything worthwhile. But hey, that's just my point of view, the way I SEE it.

drsatish

Communication problem..

Hi Eliot!

Interpretation/misinterpretation of "one" word took you in a different direction.

"ALL INTER-HUMAN PROBLEMS, CRUELTY....are JUST due to THIS! I SEE ..I ..& ..I.."

..I meant "JUST"...as only.....are only due to this...

or simply

"All inter-human problems and cruelty are due to this."

..I did not mean ...they are JUST!

Just making the notion clear,
Satish

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Communication problem..

Hi Eliot!

Interpretation/misinterpretation of "one" word took you in a different direction.

"ALL INTER-HUMAN PROBLEMS, CRUELTY....are JUST due to THIS! I SEE ..I ..& ..I.."

..I meant "JUST"...as only.....are only due to this...

or simply

"All inter-human problems and cruelty are due to this."

..I did not mean ...they are JUST!

Just making the notion clear,
Satish

Then, while I'm no professional copy-editor, I would suggest a more streamlined and effectively communicative version, as in: "All human cruelty is due to this only."

You see, poets need to be careful of their words because they can carry multiple meanings depending on context and application. As a matter of fact, many skilled poets and writers of clever prose rely on those multiple meanings and flexible contexts to broaden their appeal and enrichen their language.

These are poetical devices and particular techniques that take advantage of multiple meanings. They are sometimes referred to as 'double entrendes'. Many readers may see your statement as such given the particular phrasing you employed. "ALL INTER-HUMAN PROBLEMS, CRUELTY....are JUST due to THIS!" Do you see how it could be taken either way?

No offense, that is also why verse makes a horrible medium for debate and discussion. The focus of prose is the object it is explaining, describing, communicating. It's function is to convey an idea or specific emotion. The focus of poetry is the language itself, the written word and the way it can be crafted to make beautiful art.

Sorry to be so pedantic. It is just the way I SEE things.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
:eek:
somebody's having a bad day...
:run:

LOL . . . You are right and I shouldn't be interacting with strangers when I am off my meds, which for me is a full dose of 12 year old scotch served over ice in the company of a beautiful bartender. It is only fifteen minutes to happy hour in my particular timezone, so I will be my friendly, fun-loving self in due time.

I'm sorry to be so pendantic and condescending . . . really, it is not my usual manner. Okay, who am I fooling, it is most certainly my usual manner--I'm just not typically so clumsy and heavyy-handed with it. So it goes.