• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I took a step outside

Riders

I have been in this apartment for a year and a half almost.No maybe it's 2 years in November. Anyways I have not gone out the door in part because I am walking with a walker partly because I am scared of steps. So my sister finally told me last night I needed to get my physical therapist to help me. we could not get my walker over the steps. So she said if I could walk one step outside they could figure out what to do with the step or whether or not I needed any help with the door.

So I did, my physical therapist got my walker over the steps and I stepped down, it was a bigger drop than I expected. I started shaking after I got down the step. Then I went back up after I took a step but my physical therapist had to help me back in.

But even though it was a pain in my but it did feel good to be outside and to know I can walk down the step. But my physical therapist recommended to my sister that I need rails so I can hold onto them as I walk down the step. My sister is also going to put a smooth metal step like a little bitty ramp smooth edge so I can walk down it safely. Till then I am stuck inside. I hope she can make the changes soon enough so I can get going out of this house.