• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was afraid before, but I am scared stiff now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, shytot, you should consider these quotes:

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)

"If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other."Carl Schurz
US (German-born) general & politician (1829 - 1906)

martha

I wonder beloved, what lifts your being? What makes you smile and feel happiness? I also wonder what happened to you that was so traumatic, that it made you feel so strongly against organized religions? One couldn't feel so adament and condemn all religions without some basis.
We here do not impose our religious belief upon any soul. Most are here only to share their beliefs, questions, experiences, and opinions. I know that you are sharing too. I must also inform you that we will sometimes, gently cajole you into opening up about your feelings about religion., either in a direct manner or in a round about way depending on the skills of the soul that asks the questions of you.
Your ideas are welcome, as are you. Your profile doesn't give much info. Would you care to enlighten us as to who you are and why you have such a strong aversion to organized religion?
Don't worry, we can't really reach through the forums and throttle you!:) Thank goodness, or I might have been throttled many times already.

Joyfully in Jesus,
Martha

Ronald

report | Refer someone to this site! · post: #23
post_old.gif
11-13-2004, 02:05 AM
shytot vbmenu_register("postmenu_51588", true);
title:Freshman Memberstatus:Offline Profilereligion:Atheistlocation:UKjoin date:Nov 2004posts:21 coins:212.50 Frubalspoints: 70
reputation_green.gif

AwardsArcade:
Other:

icon1.gif

You're right Ronald, but it is not me who is enlightened, it is everyone who has a religion, I am
in the dark, happy, but in the dark, different religions can not come together,(unless it's in a common cause) so we must go our separate ways, it takes all kinds,
I was told there are more religious fanatics in America, than in the whole of the middle east,
but there will be a few less when the soldiers fighting in Iraq come home, ask them if they still
believe in a God, it's one thing to live in a nice community and go to your church, synagog or mosque surrounded by friends, it's another thing to see life as it really is, it somehow opens your eyes to what the world is all about, it must be wonderful to be able to see only what you want to see.
Anyway, you will be thankful to know, this is my last post, the Devils Advocate is out of here.
May your God go with you.

Was shytot Honest? No here he is again! As full of it as before.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Forum Rules:

5.) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

After reading the OP and entire thread, I have decided that this sort of "discussion" is not helpful to the overall forum, therefore this thread is finished. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to PM me.

shytot, you disagree with organized religion, fine, many here hold that same belief, but please check your hatred at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.