• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If everyone in the world converted to your religion, would the world be better, how so, and why so?

dust1n

Zindīq
If everyone in the world converted to your religion, how would the world be different. DISCUSS.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
No, conversion to a particular religion does not solve problems but conversion of thoughts do. :)

Me Myself

Back to my username
The only thing I would like to convert the world to is vegetarianism and meditation.

Because of vegetarianism, it would be better by reducing massively the global warming. Because of meditation it would be better given the scientifically evidenced benefits it gives to overall health and happiness.

:)

chinu

chinu
If everyone in the world converted to your religion, how would the world be different. DISCUSS.
According to my religion this world was never a better place to live on, niether it is, and nor it can be, If this world would have been better/peaceful place to live on, than there would hve been no importance of Heaven/God in this world.

Thus.. my religion doesn't want to collect the big crowd of people, Just a single person who is truely intrested in getting God/Heaven is enough for my religion. :)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I think the world would be a better place if there was more mutual respect for different religions.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The meditation thing, I believe if everyone took at least one hour a week to just quiet their mind the world would be a better place.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If everyone converted to my religious views, such as they are, everyone would approach religion in a spirit of trying to weed out the valuable from the valueless in the world's religions. That would naturally lead to disagreements between folks over what was valuable and what was valueless. Consequently, the consensus on how to approach the world's religions would soon fall apart in a babble of different views, and the world would not be much better off than before.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

there would be no racism or nationalism if everyone became one of Jehovahs people because we view all nations as our brothers.
there would be no war because we refuse military service,
there would be no world governments because we refuse participation in politics

I can think of many more benefits...no drug taking, no smoking, no drunkardness, no raping or pillaging or rampaging, animals would not be hunted for sport, there would be no abortions or raping or fighting.... the world would be like a paradise because our goal is to do Gods will and his will is for the earth to become a paradise under the rulership of his heavenly kingdom government. That is exactly what we are preparing ourselves for right now.

:)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

The world would probably be overrun with laughing, trampoline-jumping, dancing, whip-wielding, Tolkien geeks who are always on the search for the Perfect Orgasm.

Don't know if it would make the world better, but it sure would be different. :yes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If everyone converted to Revoltifarianism, absolutely nothing would change.
Sure, sure, my religion would be great for mankind if they actually practiced it.
But people is people, & they'll do what they do.
Religion don't make no never mind.

Wherenextcolumbus

It's impossible for everyone to be of the same religion because there will always be rebels and doubters and atheists. We would have to have no free will.
So if everyone was of the same religion tomorrow, it wouldn't last very long and people would go there own way and then everything would be back to normal.

BruceDLimber

If everyone in the world converted to your religion, how would the world be different?

For starters, the world would doubtless be more peaceful given that the Baha'i scriptures explicitly forbid waging war. Indeed, this might well be the advent of the long-promised Most Great Peace!

The rates of drinking alcohol and recreational drug use would approach or reach zero.

Gossip and backbiting would decline tremendously.

Other precepts like sexual equality, education, and a common auxiliary language would take great leaps forward.

There would be other changes as well, but the above should provide a good beginning.

Peace, :)

Bruce

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
My religion is meant to work for me and nobody else, everyone is meant to be happy and work for nobody else. :)

Straw Dog

Hm... Well, if I let myself dream...

If everyone converted to my beliefs then we would all be living in a confederation of eco-communities content just to satisfy our natural and necessary desires, and perhaps a few unnecessary but equally natural ones too. We would still use technology, but it would be more balanced with the ecosystem rather than seeking to dominate it. For example, using the Internet is better than using paper products.

It would be better in terms of ecological stability and mental well-being. It would be worse in terms of being re-conditioned from our consumerist mentality. Also, contemplation and meditation work wonders in breaking up and clarifying thoughts and feelings, which helps in deconditioning.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It would be better for me as I would be the leader of the religion. I would encourage meditation and I would require mantras such as "Aum-must send money to BSM1" do be recited daily.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I would have to say if the world 'converted' to my "religion" there would be complete chaos.
I mean with so many people flat out saying that if it weren't for their belief in Gods punishment and their hope for reward, they would be murdering, raping, stealing, etc.....