• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I Could Prove God, I Couldn't Call It "Faith".

Orias

Left Hand Path
It's impossible to prove that a god-like being doesn't exist.

I never said that it was. But you don't see him in the physical realm now do you? God is a concept, he only exists in the minds that believe he exists.

Mystery will always be a part of life. All kinds of truth. For instance, reality is eternal. Many people don't know or understand this, and yet this truth can open many doors for them.

Reality is not eternal, for when you die you are not part of reality anymore, you are simply nothing. What truth is there that you speak of? We just are, that's all thats to it. Eternal is a concept of time, were would time or God be if man had not created it?

Reality is not eternal, for when you die you are not part of reality anymore, you are simply nothing.

Reality will continue to exist whether we are alive or not. Energy and matter are eternal.

But you don't see him in the physical realm now do you?

If I told you I did you wouldn't believe me. I'm not claiming this, but that you don't see him in the physical realm doesn't mean he doesn't exist in it.

Orias

Left Hand Path
[/color]

Reality will continue to exist whether we are alive or not. Energy and matter are eternal.

Those are lables not truths. Matter will eventually disapate, without matter there can be no energy.

If I told you I did you wouldn't believe me. I'm not claiming this, but that you don't see him in the physical realm doesn't mean he doesn't exist in it.

And you cannot prove that exists in the physical realm. But it is illogical to follow such a faith, because of the laws and morals written by God. What makes your God anymore believeable than any of the other Gods? God is a concept of the mind, not a physical being of the Universe.

What makes your God anymore believeable than any of the other Gods?

I keep an open mind with regards to my faith. I don't know whether or not god(s) exist, but I pray to all beings of the light. I hope at least some hear my prayers, and that they are a good and important part of our lives.

Orias

Left Hand Path
[/color]

I keep an open mind with regards to my faith. I don't know whether or not god(s) exist, but I pray to all beings of the light. I hope at least some hear my prayers, and that they are a good and important part of our lives.

White is a rather difficult color to read.

You know there is a saying that goes...God helps those that helps themselves...so uhm...that's really all that needs to be said...

ellenjanuary

My faith is entangled with my love of Gwynnie, runs at 99%, is completely horizontally transferable, and has no desire to prove anything to anybody. Science I take to run at 96% - these numbers have been scaled to show height - and from my personal experience, the only thing I want 100% of is death - waking up underground is a disturbing image.

I refuse to believe that anybody with a functional, rational mind - and freedom from delusion - would want any part of "proving god." That's just silly. :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You gotta point.
But I have to wonder why faith is so much better than proof.

Because faith operates at the emotional level. Emotion is more powerful than reason (not saying it's better, just more powerful).

If they can't help themselves, then how could a God make them help themselves? Since God is of the mind...ahhh funny guy.

Sometimes people aren't up to helping themselves because they lack something.

For me, trust isn't a part of my faith, hope is. Hopefully, more truth will come to me in one way or another, and to you too - and to everyone.

Hope. Bingo.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Because faith operates at the emotional level. Emotion is more powerful than reason (not saying it's better, just more powerful).

And bombs are more powerful than emotions, and bombs are set off when emotions go bad. You don't see Atheists flying airplanes into buildings or running into large groups of people with bombs strapped to their chest...no offense to anyone of course...:D

Sometimes people aren't up to helping themselves because they lack something.

Why should others help them? Sympathy is a useless emotion, people are perfectly capable of helping themselves.

Hope. Bingo.

Ok hope, I hope that guy doesn't crash into me. Reality, I would just get the heck out of the way...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Orias[COLOR=red said:
]Why should others help them? Sympathy is a useless emotion, people are perfectly capable of helping themselves.[/COLOR]

Forgot the topic already did you? :rolleyes:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Forgot the topic already did you? :rolleyes:

Of course not :D

I tend to get easily distracted...like...oh shiney!

But of course if God was proven it would no longer be a faith, since he would proven to exist and that is evidence to believe in something.

Though God demands faith.

averageJOE

zombie
This illustrates the two types/levels of faith well, and also why there seems to be so much confusion regarding the word faith.

You put your faith (trust) in medical science, but don't require faith (unsubstantiated belief) that it exists.

Gods and other supernatural phenomenon require the first type of faith (unsubstantiated belief) in order to be able to place the second type of faith (trust) in it.
This is very true.