• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I go to heaven, can I visit relatives who might be in hell?

Corkscrew

I'm ready to believe
I have a brother who is gay and according to some, that means he is going to hell. I love my brother and I was just thinking about how awful it would be if I ended up in heaven and he went to hell. Is there any chance that I could take a field trip to hell to see him?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
If you believe in the Bible then no, there is no chance. However, I do not believe in hell and I do believe that every person meets their loved ones in the afterlife.

Corkscrew

I'm ready to believe
If you believe in the Bible then no, there is no chance. However, I do not believe in hell and I do believe that every person meets their loved ones in the afterlife.

So, if the Bible is true, I will never again see any relatives that are in a different place than me?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I have a brother who is gay and according to some, that means he is going to hell. I love my brother and I was just thinking about how awful it would be if I ended up in heaven and he went to hell. Is there any chance that I could take a field trip to hell to see him?
According to my religion, he won't be going to hell, so it shouldn't be an issue.

stiletto

Naughty But Nice
If you make it to heaven, and you decide you don't like it (it sounds unappealing to me even now), would you be allowed to leave and join your friends and family who never made it?

(I've always preferred warmer climates)

fr0d0

If you get to heaven, will you even get together with people you know? you certainly aren't still married.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
So, if the Bible is true, I will never again see any relatives that are in a different place than me?

There is good reason why many people do not believe in the validity of the Bible. This is one of them.
How could God possibly create a system where good people can go to eternal suffering? Who cares who they have sex with? But if you believe in the Bible then you must believe this it seems. Or does it? I think some Christians take a different interpretation. I don't know how they could possibly but they do.

Corkscrew

I'm ready to believe
If you make it to heaven, and you decide you don't like it (it sounds unappealing to me even now), would you be allowed to leave and join your friends and family who never made it?

(I've always preferred warmer climates)

Well just thinking out loud, I believe that if you were in heaven and decided you wanted to go to hell, there shouldn’t be any problem, but trying to get to heaven if you are in hell might be a chore.

Corkscrew

I'm ready to believe
I just find it hard to understand how I can possibly be filled with eternal bliss and joy in heaven, while knowing my brother is going through eternal torment and suffering in hell. Maybe when you get to heaven, they have a way of turning off your “give a crap” mechanism.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I just find it hard to understand how I can possibly be filled with eternal bliss and joy in heaven, while knowing my brother is going through eternal torment and suffering in hell. Maybe when you get to heaven, they have a way of turning off your “give a crap” mechanism.

Nothing about hell or Satan really makes sense.

stiletto

Naughty But Nice
Well just thinking out loud, I believe that if you were in heaven and decided you wanted to go to hell, there shouldn’t be any problem, but trying to get to heaven if you are in hell might be a chore.

Why do we assume that those in heaven have an all access pass? Why do we assume there are not standards for hell too? Imagine hell being overrun by disappointed heaven-goers who find heaven not all it's cracked up to be. Letting them in would not be fair to those of us who have worked hard all our lives to perfect the skills needed to enjoy hell. Can you imagine the damper on the party if a bus load of non-dancing, non-drinking, sexually-inhibited individuals arrived and wanted to join the party? I hope hell has good bouncers.

Off topic question... does anyone know what age we will be when we get to heaven? (either great grandma or my niece are going to be really disappointed)

Corkscrew

I'm ready to believe
Why do we assume that those in heaven have an all access pass? Why do we assume there are not standards for hell too? Imagine hell being overrun by disappointed heaven-goers who find heaven not all it's cracked up to be. Letting them in would not be fair to those of us who have worked hard all our lives to perfect the skills needed to enjoy hell. Can you imagine the damper on the party if a bus load of non-dancing, non-drinking, sexually-inhibited individuals arrived and wanted to join the party? I hope hell has good bouncers.

Off topic question... does anyone know what age we will be when we get to heaven? (either great grandma or my niece are going to be really disappointed)

That’s a very good point. Who’s to say it’s not harder to get into hell than heaven. I mean Satan was once an angel himself, an angel who went bad… A hell’s angel! So I think that gives hell goers the rights to a pretty exclusive club!

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
That’s a very good point. Who’s to say it’s not harder to get into hell than heaven. I mean Satan was once an angel himself, an angel who went bad… A hell’s angel! So I think that gives hell goers the rights to a pretty exclusive club!

Hell might be fun ;)
Seriously though, we can't make presumptions about something like this. If you disagree with the written word then disagree with it.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
How is this possible in Hindusim ?

Because after death there is a place we all go to wait until we have to reincarnate. And then even when we to reincarnate we are often born into the same family. Karma draws us to the people we have developed connections with.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I do know that is a fact. My friend came back as his dad. He told me that things were really awkward between him and his mother.

You do realise that reincarnation is not a Christian concept right? If you can believe in reincarnation then you probably shouldn't be worried about the existence of hell.