• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If jesus got gold.Why wasn't he rich?...

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I own two things that are made out of gold and I am most certainly not rich

I own a golden crucifix and a golden chain that comes with it

But I no longer wear them

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
What's a Jesus Wizard?
I'd try to describe it, but a picture is worth 1,000 words...

il_fullxfull.3092673491_fkry.jpg

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
They also gave him frankincense and myrrh

(whatever those are)

So perhaps they only gave him a small quantity of gold?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@Frank Goad

Perhaps they gave him gold so he could buy himself a present of his own choosing?

Like when my grandmother gave me £30 for birthdays and Christmas as opposed to an actual gift

So perhaps he spent his gold on a video game or some CDs?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it's important to note that 2k years ago, gold wasn't nearly as valuable as it is today.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think it's important to note that 2k years ago, gold wasn't nearly as valuable as it is today.

I sort of knew that but seeing hard figures was informative, thanks for posting it.

wellwisher

If they were astrologers .Were they jesus wizards like daniel?When the angels went in the magi's dreams how did they know they were angels?If they gave jesus gold.Why wasn't rich?:)
Since Jesus was a new born baby, when the Three Wise Men met him, Mary and Joseph were asked to set up a trust fund for Jesus, that would be made available so he could start his ministry, and fulfill his destiny. Jesus had a nest egg to help him get started.

Jesus gets his twelve apostles to leave their jobs and follow him. Peter was a fisherman who quits his job. Jesus would pick up the tab for his entourage, as they traveled about to preach and do miracles; drunkards and gluttons.

Jesus often talks of himself as the groom at a wedding. Toward the end is where it blasts through his cash in celebration leading to his marriage with death and resurrection. Jesus left some money for his mother Mary, so she could buy her safety.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Since Jesus was a new born baby, when the Three Wise Men met him, Mary and Joseph were asked to set up a trust fund for Jesus, that would be made available so he could start his ministry, and fulfill his destiny. Jesus had a nest egg to help him get started.

Jesus gets his twelve apostles to leave their jobs and follow him. Peter was a fisherman who quits his job. Jesus would pick up the tab for his entourage, as they traveled about to preach and do miracles; drunkards and gluttons.

Jesus often talks of himself as the groom at a wedding. Toward the end is where it blasts through his cash in celebration leading to his marriage with death and resurrection. Jesus left some money for his mother Mary, so she could buy her safety.
Jesus always had a bit of money

Judas was in charge of it all

kerlysboordank

Jesus often talks of himself as the groom at a wedding. Toward the end is where it blasts through his cash in celebration leading to his marriage with death and resurrection. Jesus left some money use silver price or gold price for his mother Mary, so she could buy her safety.
The gold given to him as a newborn was symbolic, acknowledging his divine kingship and providing practical support for his family's journey to Egypt. However, Jesus' teachings and lifestyle emphasized spiritual wealth over material riches. He lived simply, focusing on serving others and spreading a message of love, compassion, and humility.