• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Only We Could All Be Like This.....

Wirey

Fartist
No one can deny that atrocities are perpetrated on both sides of any war. Anyone who thinks that their side would never do that, is living in 'la la land.'
4fvgdaq_th.gif
War is war, and justifications are made. How else could people live with themselves?

From your link....

"Unit 731 participants of Japan attest that most of the victims they experimented on were Chinese while a small percentage were Soviet, Mongolian, Korean, and Allied POWs. The unit received generous support from the Japanese government up to the end of the war in 1945.

Instead of being tried for war crimes after the war, the researchers involved in Unit 731 were secretly given immunity by the U.S. in exchange for the data they gathered through human experimentation.[5] Others that Soviet forces managed to arrest first were tried at the Khabarovsk War Crime Trials in 1949. Americans did not try the researchers so that the information and experience gained in bio-weapons could be co-opted into the U.S. biological warfare program, as had happened with Nazi researchers in Operation Paperclip.[6] On 6 May 1947, Douglas MacArthur, as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, wrote to Washington that "additional data, possibly some statements from Ishii probably can be obtained by informing Japanese involved that information will be retained in intelligence channels and will not be employed as 'War Crimes' evidence."[5] Victim accounts were then largely ignored or dismissed in the West as communist propaganda.[7]"

So the horrors of WW2 experimentation on human beings in Japan and in Nazi Germany, were used to bolster the biological-weapons programs of the US in exchange for not prosecuting them. Why would America want that information? :shrug: Perhaps you should contemplate that question....?

Any wonder they say that there are no real winners in a war. Its amazing what humans will justify to themselves. They will never justify any of it to God. (Matthew 5:44-45)

Performing vivisection on children and keeping biological warfare secrets away from the commies (who would almost certainly have developed them further under Stalin) aren't exactly equal evils in my books. We in the west have apologized for the settlement of North America, but the Japanese still claim they were the innocent victims in WWII, including issuing text books to school children that claim things like this and the Rape of Nanking are fake:

Japanese history textbook controversies - Wikipedia

If only we could all be like the Japanese indeed.

And as to why America would want the information? The same reason they wanted the Operation Paperclip information. So we didn't get overrun by the Soviets and have civilization descend into a black hole of barbarity. I know it's chic for pseudo-intellectuals to pretend that the US is essentially Nazi Germany with a thin veneer of civilization over it, but no serious student of history has ever held that view.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Performing vivisection on children and keeping biological warfare secrets away from the commies (who would almost certainly have developed them further under Stalin) aren't exactly equal evils in my books. We in the west have apologized for the settlement of North America, but the Japanese still claim they were the innocent victims in WWII, including issuing text books to school children that claim things like this and the Rape of Nanking are fake:

Japanese history textbook controversies - Wikipedia

My response was intended to highlight the fact that when a war is fought, there are no "good" guys. All commit atrocities. Remember Vietnam.....agent orange....napalm, the massacre of whole villages, including women and children. No one can commend the behavior of those who kill indiscriminately on either side. There is never a sanction for the murder of innocents.

If only we could all be like the Japanese indeed.

I was concentrating on the honesty aspects of the video. Honesty in this world is a rare commodity. I experience it within my own brotherhood, but it would be nice to see it in the wider community.

And as to why America would want the information? The same reason they wanted the Operation Paperclip information. So we didn't get overrun by the Soviets and have civilization descend into a black hole of barbarity.

Yes, but they did not destroy the data, but used it to bolster their own heinous biological weapons program. You think that doesn't make them complicit in the actions of those who actually conducted the experiments? They traded the information for immunity from prosecution for war crimes. How does that make them heroes? :shrug:

I know it's chic for pseudo-intellectuals to pretend that the US is essentially Nazi Germany with a thin veneer of civilization over it, but no serious student of history has ever held that view

Unfortunately history is sometimes very conveniently written to make one's own nation into the good guys.....it's called propaganda. Unless you know what you are listening to, it can seem like the truth. After all, who wants to acknowledge that their own country can be equally guilty of war crimes? We want to believe that they are the good guys....don't we?

History often needs to be rewritten after the perpetrators of atrocities are long dead....and the truth can be told. It can be very confronting.

Wirey

Fartist
This is pointless. For some reason you wish to see the sneakiest nation in history (read about Port Arthur sometime) as some sort of benevolent peaceful bunch with nothing to hide. Enjoy the fantasy.