• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Gods Really Existed, Why Would They Demand Reverence?

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
I consider myself to have a very strong relationship with God and have never felt the need to worship him, nor has he told me otherwise.
Jesus is a true friend to me and if one can find one instance in the Bible (NT) where Jesus demanded us to worship him, I would love to see it, it is not there.

If the Bible is correct, and once the master of lies and evilness is given power to rule over the world,(satan), by man himself who will fall victim to his lies and empty promises,
we will see what a supreme narcissist really is, and it surely isn't God.

I cant give exact numbers, but its safe to say that the huge majority of religious people completely twist God into their own selfish desires and needs, lets not confuse that with who God actually is.

Also, if one feels that God has done good things for them, why would we not thank him?
It would be quite intellectually dishonest to twist that into him being a dictator that demands worship.

If another human being helps you out, do you not thank him?
If you do help someone, do you not feel "used" or such(what ever word fits), if they don't even thank you?
Why would this be any different with God?

Last edited:

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I don't think gods demand reverence, but I do think it's not a small thing to simply break off contact with them once you've been their devotee. It's like abandoning a friend or loved one, as these beings do exist- in my opinion. Gods need love and kindness too.

Last edited:

syo

If the gods really existed, then why would they be any more likely to demand worship and reverence from us than we are to demand such things from an amoeba? Surely, if they existed, there would be some other reason to worship and revere them than that they desired us to do so. But what could that reason be?

If we say we should revere and worship the gods for our own sake, then how is reverence and worship of them beneficial to us?

Discuss, please.
god doesn't demand worship. we worship god on our own because we are grateful that he gave us life.