• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if we were created by god why are we imperfect?

DavyCrocket2003

Why didn't a perfect God create us already perfect?

It's impossible to do. You see, God did create us, in a sense. He created our bodies, and he created our spirits. But there is a part of you and me that he did not create. We have existed eternally. God is helping us to progress and rise to a whole new level of existence. Mortality is meant to be an opportunity to grow, learn, and obtain greater enlightenment. As you can see, we aren't all doing as well as we could. Anyway, a world where everyone had everything they needed and no problems and hardship to deal with would make it hard to learn the kinds of things we need to. As bad as it sometimes is, this world is an ideal place to come to know some very profound truths. If you ask me, it's worth going through the hard times for what we can gain in return. And if you're really adventurous and want to really see what you're made of, there's always the straight and narrow path. "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." I believe that said path, if followed to the end will at some point try everyone to their very core and demand every fiber of their courage and determination. It will require their all. Seeing as this is the only way we can become the kind of beings God wants us to, I don't find it surprising that life isn't a cake walk; it's all part of the plan.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ragordon,

[QUOTE if we were created by god why are we imperfect?[/QUOTE]

Though have no idea if any *god* created us but everything is just *PERFECT* here; don't know why its not perfect with you?
Though you believe in God, it appears you do not trust HIM??
However, its again, a perception, LOL!

Love & rgds

Thief

Rogue Theologian
if humans were created by god then can you explain:

• lack of natural defences - almost every animal has some kind of defence mechanism, exept humans. if we were created why would we be given such an obvious disadvantage?
  • genetic conditions - why would we be created with genetic conditions which kill us decades before the natural time? if you are always ill how can you face the challenges of life?
only two i can think of right now but if anyone else can think of something just add it in.

Your first option has an assumption behind it.
As if we humans were intended to be except from harm.
I suspect that we were never intended to live at great length.
Immortality was never to be possessed by Man.

We were given dominion.
This is delivered by our ability to think, and to see in advance the consequence for taking action...
as well as remaining idle.
(not limited to dealing with predatory animals, hunting food, etc.etc.etc...)
Dominion, however, is not guarantee of life or living.

As for genetic conditions....
We are what was intended.
The body is a learning tool.
There is no mystery to life. You are here to learn all that you can before you die.
This linear existence results in the forming of a spirit of unique perspective.
It is this the one item that makes you interesting in the eyes of God.

It is inherently a flawed replication of His image.
Stands to reason.
If you knew all that He knows....there could be no question...or answer...between you. No conversation... as you and I know such things.

The challenges of life are not obstacles placed in you path by God.
Your fellow man is doing that to you.