• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could be martyred in any way...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What would it be?
So wouldn't you like to die for a righteous cause that you are passionate about rather than something boring like cancer or clogged arteries? I know I would.

Personally I would like to be eaten by a cheetah.
Home_carousel_slide_2-640x360.jpg

I like big cats and I think they are not only adoreable and funny but beautiful and muscular and I think I would sort of enjoy getting eaten by one. I like to spar with animals (not in a way that hurts them) anyways and kind of like getting bitten.

Getting fed to animals, especially big cats, used to be not an uncommon way of executing criminals.

Plus the idea of my flesh not decomposing but providing something nutritious to another creature is a good idea to me. Like it didn't go to waste. And you will think im weird for saying this but it reminds me of holy communion. Jesus was saying eat my flesh and drink my blood so that I live in you and you live in me...those who feed off of me will live because of me.

John 6
The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 the Son of Man and drink his blood, you khave no life in you.54 has eternal life, and will raise him up on the last day.55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him....As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me, he also will live because of me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If you really want to surrender your life to a cause....why not choose something greater?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you really want to surrender your life to a cause....why not choose something greater?
Because ironically, I don't like to suffer. And I don't like the poor judgement and mistakes I make and my negativity and depression to cause others to suffer.

So to die for a righteous cause tomorrow morning appeals to me.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Not that kind of motorboating.
Mine would be too much strain on me heart.
I think getting run over by the boat and getting my head split open by the propeller would be my favorite way to die motorboating.

Wait...I said martyrdom...is motor-boating a way that people execute those of different beliefs?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If I had to choose my method of execution, it would be several decades of delicious but unhealthy foods that eventually kill me by heart attack in my sleep.

... if I had to choose.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Because ironically, I don't like to suffer. And I don't like the poor judgement and mistakes I make and my negativity and depression to cause others to suffer.

So to die for a righteous cause tomorrow morning appeals to me.

If I could be sure....my death would end radical assassination.
If my death would end...senseless violence and wanton disregard of life.
If my death could bring the peace of heaven unto this world.....

But my fellow man is a schmuck.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
schmuck. I just had to see if it was alright to like that post. I understand and I think I agree. So I think I shall jump in and click it. Although it is not nice.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think assassinated. Then it would be funny! Who the hell is she to be assassinated people would say. Or maybe they wouldn't.

I have a story about my assassination and it is revealing.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I think getting run over by the boat and getting my head split open by the propeller would be my favorite way to die motorboating.

Wait...I said martyrdom...is motor-boating a way that people execute those of different beliefs?

You see, when a man & a woman, or a woman & a woman love each other very much..

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Plus the idea of my flesh not decomposing but providing something nutritious to another creature is a good idea to me. Like it didn't go to waste.

Long term, everything is a waste anyway, so, I would not be worried.

And decomposing also entails providing nutrition to another creature. Actually, to a whole lot of other creatures. Actually, that is what I would like on my epitaph: wanted to get burned, but realized that being turned to food is more useful, at least short term.

Do you have a problem with waste or with worms and bacteria?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Long term, everything is a waste anyway, so, I would not be worried.

And decomposing also entails providing nutrition to another creature. Actually, to a whole lot of other creatures. Actually, that is what I would like on my epitaph: wanted to get burned, but realized that being turned to food is more useful, at least short term.

Do you have a problem with waste or with worms and bacteria?

Ciao it depends on the worms in it depends on the bacteria bu
- viole

it depends on the worms , it depends on the bacteria , but there are worms and bacteria that I have a very very strong resentment against. but good worms are awesome!

Wirey

Fartist
Being forced to mate with bikini models while all the guys I went to high school with watch. As a lesson.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What would it be?
So wouldn't you like to die for a righteous cause that you are passionate about rather than something boring like cancer or clogged arteries? I know I would.
Personally, I think it would be better to live for a righteous cause than to die for one.

It's like that Patton quote: "nobody ever won a war by dying for their country. Wars are won by making the other b*******s die for their country."

Personally I would like to be eaten by a cheetah.
What "righteous cause that you are passionate about" would be served by you getting eaten by a cheetah?