• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you found Nessie...

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I'm leaning toward discrete notification of the scientific and environmental communities, who could meet with the Scottish government to ensure no harm came to Nessie when word got out.
Lol, I'd like to see you try to tell a scientist discretely, gossip is a staple pastime in the scientific community. ;)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have a point, Halcyon, but wasn't the rediscovery of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker kept on ice for quite a while till it was decided to announce it?
The exitence of the Black Footed Ferret was kept under wraps for years, a well.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
You have a point, Halcyon, but wasn't the rediscovery of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker kept on ice for quite a while till it was decided to announce it?
The exitence of the Black Footed Ferret was kept under wraps for years, a well.

That's true, but there is a very big difference between those animals and Nessie. The average person I'm sure didn't know about those animals, and probably doesn't even know their story even now.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
If you found the Loch Ness monster, and had the chance to prove to everyone that it existed, and show them where it is, would you do it, or would you let her continue to be a rumored legend?
I would secretly start breeding them and then when there was a big enough population, open a restaurant - the exclusive place in all the world to get "Lake Monster Burgers."

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
doppelgänger;1154686 said:
I would secretly start breeding them and then when there was a big enough population, open a restaurant - the exclusive place in all the world to get "Lake Monster Burgers."

The voice of reason as always...

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
doppelgänger;1154686 said:
I've always wanted to try some "Nessie Nuggets."

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If you found Nessie, like I found Nessie
Oh! Oh! Oh! What a girl
She wears long tresses
And nice tight dresses
Oh! Oh! What a future she possesses

Out in public, how she can yawn
In a parlour, you would think the war was on
If you found Nessie, like I found Nessie
Oh! Oh! What a girl!

there are laws passed to protect nessie so they won't be able to to kill/study her without atleast a dozen gaurds present and since its the main tourist attraction
so there is no need to hide it in fear of hunting on it

SonofSatan

Satan's little helper
I would tell no one. It is one thing if I know for myself, it is another is the world knows. The Loch Ness monster would lose it's charm if it was anything more then a legend.