• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have any questions about Islam, just ask. But please, no bashing, not ridiculing.

Many years ago I briefly thought about converting to Islam. One of my problems with Christianity was the idea of the virgin birth. It has always seemed ridiculous to me.
I was told that the virgin birth is mentioned in the Quran. Therefore my belief is in direct conflict with the idea that the Quran is the word of God.
That was the end of my considering Islam.
Is my viewpoint correct?
You raise an important point about the differences between Christianity and Islam. In Islam, the virgin birth of Jesus is recognized, but it’s seen differently than in Christianity. This can influence how one views the Quran as God's word.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I am restarting this thread in hopes that those who want to know and learn about Islam can ask. If I am able, I will try my best to answer as truthfully as possible. I wish sincere questions and not hateful questions please. Thank you.
When Muslims immigrate to secular societies, what persentage of them do you think want to bring Sharia with them?

Betho_br

I am restarting this thread in hopes that those who want to know and learn about Islam can ask. If I am able, I will try my best to answer as truthfully as possible. I wish sincere questions and not hateful questions please. Thank you.
The Christian Bible teaches that Jesus is the incarnate Logos, the divine Word. Jesus is "theos" in Greek and/or "elohim" in Hebrew, similar to Moses; in short, Jesus is the manifestation of the Father. This is written. My question is: how does Islam interpret Quran 4:171?

In the Quran, Jesus is the apostle of God, the Word of God (kalima), and the Spirit of God (ruh) (Quran 4:171).