• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ignorance

Rick123123

I agree with you Feather, although I am new to the site (very new) I would not want to post on forums where people are making racist and prejudice comments. So far I am enjoying my time on the forums and have not come accross the kind of posts you are talking about.

P.S. I like your pic I'm a big fan of anime.

Scott1

huajiro said:
I have to say that RF has a much more hostile atmosphere than it did......I don't feel like people are sharing ideas as much as attacking and debating each other.
Amen and Amen!

I'm glad someone else notices how much things have gone downhill.:(

All we can do is work to make things better!:jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jocose said:
I find your post absolutely horrifying. This will be my last post on these forums. This experience has largely been an overwhelming disappointment.
That, of course, is for you to decide, and implement if you feel bad enough to do so. You have struck me as being intelligent, with much to offer in debate; perhaps your method of responding to others is what has been the stumbling block.

"Whilst I understand that you have a point of view that is different from mine, have you ever considered that................." tends to 'go down' better than "What you say is complete rubbish, I can prove I am right, so unless you can, shut up"

Those words have never been used; I hope, however that they will serve to give you another 'angle' on the way you believe you have been treated unfairly here.

We all need to learn lessons in life at sometime, and I would hate the though that you will leave us without the opportunity of a bit of advice from a "never was" - you can have fruballs if you can work that one out.:biglaugh: Face your demons - we all have to, in order to move on ..........:)
FeathersinHair said:
You guys are so wonderful! (This is just what I was talking about missing.) *hugs* I was worried about what kind of a reception this post would get. It seems to be just what I was hoping!

Suffice it to say, if you haven't seen the posts that are being discussed... well, hopefully they didn't offend you in the first place. It'd be very negative to try to point to anyone (and could turn into a witch- hunt), as it's more their behavior that's affecting us than anything else.

The sad thing is, though... I know this is the way it is with me- I tend to worry that I'm the one who has said something rude or been offensive- and many helpful people have reminded me of something; if you actually take the time to think and worry about that, then you are most likely not the person that's being offensive. You are kind enough to take other people's feelings into consideration.

Thanks again, guys! I feel so much better! Aw, what the heck... *more hugs*
Feathers, you wonderful person,

What I have underlined in red is something that goes through my mind everytime I see someone upset - my first reaction is "Oh heck! what did I say wrong............"; now I can accept that I can be dense at times; as for you on the other hand, I 'd have a real problem trying to imagine you offending anyone.

This thread was a great Idea - it has given us a chance to clear the air a bit, and I bet you can't send me more *hugs* than I can send you - so there!!!! - I am returning your hugs cubed.............:D

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Bastet said:
I think I might be...
That calls for a happy dance, no matter what denomination you are!

While I've always known we're alike, Michel, I'm sometimes suprised by how much! I was reading that and thinking "No way could Michel offend anyone!'

And with you with us, Scott, there's no way we won't make things better!

I can't give more hugs than you, Michel? (I wish they had an icon of smiley face with its hands on its hips, looking daring.) I'm taking on that challenge, and sending more to the other people who've posted!