• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm An Atheist

Hacker

oggtheblog said:
Tell me why I shouldn't be.
Maybe you'll change your mind when you open your mind to other religions(if you haven't already), this site is a great resource for that.
Welcome!:)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
oggtheblog said:
Tell me why I shouldn't be.
Hi there, ogg. I hate to disappoint you so early on, but I can't/won't answer your question.

(1) It would be considered proseltytizing, which is a no-no here on RF.
(2) It would encourage you to turn around and tell me why I shouldn't be a theist, which would be a waste of your time.
(3) I don't really care whether you're a theist or an atheist as long as you can contribute to RF in a postive way.

You're going to find RF to be quite different from most forums. We may disagree strenuously with one another, but we do so in a respectful way. Consequently, we learn to understand each other's beliefs and get to know each other as human beings.

I hope you'll enjoy yourself here. Can you tell us anything else about yourself besides that you're an atheist?

des

Welcome! As you see no one cares to convert you, this is so freeing to be able to read and post in Christianity, Humanism, Theism, Paganism, etc. etc. all in one day!!! I have come from other forums where people had agendas that had to be met, but I haven't run into anyone here that does. It is a beautiful and wonderful thing.

May you find happiness in whatever... :)

--des

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
As the others have said, I'm afraid that you're not going to find many people attempting to convince you otherwise. Welcome, though! We're glad to have you!