• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment hearing heat up

Riders

I just saw on the news the house is calling an emergency staff meeting tomorrow.

It's about impeachment Dems are scrambling but there are accusations towards Pompeo who is bullying Dens around. He will have to testify in court along with Giulliano.

Giulliano just hired a lawyer.Repiblican Grasley just rebuked Trump and Congress about bullying the whistle blower around .
Lots of stuff happening obviously Republicans are scared they're calling an emergency meeting.

For Republicans who are saying nothing is happening new nothing will happen say it all again so I can roll around on the Laughing MAO at you.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I just saw on the news the house is calling an emergency staff meeting tomorrow.

Dems are scrambling

Republicans are scared they're calling an emergency meeting.

giphy-1.gif

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

It's about impeachment Dems are scrambling but there are accusations towards Pompeo who is bullying Dens around. He will have to testify in court along with Giulliano.

Giulliano just hired a lawyer.Repiblican Grasley just rebuked Trump and Congress about bullying the whistle blower around .
Lots of stuff happening obviously Republicans are scared they're calling an emergency meeting.

For Republicans who are saying nothing is happening new nothing will happen say it all again so I can roll around on the Laughing MAO at you.

Who complained to Adam Schiff about our P.O..TU.S'' phone call with the Ukrainian President whom Donald J. Trump was just nicely asking to investigate a corrupt Ukrainian energy company that gave Joe Biden's son a high-paying job he was unqualified to do?

Trump supporters like me want to know who would dare reveal confidential phone calls between our P.O.T.U.S. and other world leaders.

Bear Wild

Who complained to Adam Schiff about our P.O..TU.S'' phone call with the Ukrainian President whom Donald J. Trump was just nicely asking to investigate a corrupt Ukrainian energy company that gave Joe Biden's son a high-paying job he was unqualified to do?

Trump supporters like me want to know who would dare reveal confidential phone calls between our P.O.T.U.S. and other world leaders.
So called confidential calls that misuse the power of the office must be revealed for what they are to preserve the integrity of the office of the President. To allow Trump to misuse his power of the office involving the use of US funds or other means to coerce foreign leaders to influence internal politics is to degrade the integrity of the United States.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
So called confidential calls that misuse the power of the office must be revealed for what they are to preserve the integrity of the office of the President. To allow Trump to misuse his power of the office involving the use of US funds or other means to coerce foreign leaders to influence internal politics is to degrade the integrity of the United States.

We American taxpayers have the right to know if U.S. foreign aid is being sent to places where this aid might be misappropriated towards government corruption or result in illegal kickbacks to corrupt U.S. government officials. Hence, Trump was right to ask that these matters should be investigated.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Nicely asking????
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

tytlyf

Not Religious
We American taxpayers have the right to know if U.S. foreign aid is being sent to places where this aid might be misappropriated towards government corruption or result in illegal kickbacks to corrupt U.S. government officials. Hence, Trump was right to ask that these matters should be investigated.
At least you admit there was a quid pro quo for the favor Trump asked Ukraine. And you admit the POTUS was abusing his powers.

Are you sure you're up to date on what the impeachment is all about?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
He has the right to use the proper and official channels to investigate. After all, there's a reason we have a truckload of different agencies for the very purpose to investigate. Use them. Not other agencies in other countries.

Bear Wild

Holding aid in order force a foreign leader to find negative information about a potential candidate he will face in the upcoming election is abuse of power. To threaten the individual who uncovered information about concerns about the call and other proceedings that may have been an abuse of power is characteristic is directly against the intent of having internal checks and balances designed into the American government to prevent abuse of power. I cannot remember any recent presidents that used such intense fear tactics to tap into peoples affective associations to attempt to scare them into submission. Boarders protected by alligators and snakes in pits? Shooting potential immigrants in the legs so they cannot cross the border so charges of murder cannot be applied? Admiring north Korea in their leaders ability to remove anyone who disagrees? Reminding the 'whistleblower' what used to be done to traitors of the government? And the sad thing is the examples can go on and on and on. This is not the demeanor of and elected president looking out for the welfare of the people but a dictator willing to do anything to stop anyone who apposes him.

tigrers2019

If there are not enough Republicans in the Senate who have not been blackmailed or intimidated by the Russians, then Trump's impeachment in his removal from office will fail.
Therefore, it may fall to the general public to exact judgement to save our country from this hostile foreign owned administration.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Trump violated our federal law when he asked the Ukrainian president to investigate the Biden's, and that even shows up in the transcript that the White House released. Even some Pubs have publicly stated that this a serious breach of our law.

Contrary to what's being spouted on Fox, the violation is in the asking, regardless whether the recipient complied or felt "pressure". If one goes to a local bank with a note that says "Fork over the money or else!", it doesn't make a difference legally whether the teller complies.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Are you not aware that the White House released a transcript of the call (though not a verbatim one) to the public? You should read it.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
What's kind'a stupid is that we had the Mueller investigation aimed at finding any collusion, i.e. Trump and his team getting help from Russia to win the election. Didn't they learn the lesson that this isn't kosher? That asking for help from foreign agencies will result in an investigation? Apparently no one understood the lesson.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What's kind'a stupid is that we had the Mueller investigation aimed at finding any collusion, i.e. Trump and his team getting help from Russia to win the election. Didn't they learn the lesson that this isn't kosher? That asking for help from foreign agencies will result in an investigation? Apparently no one understood the lesson.
I've been wondering this for days. I mean, he can't really fall back on ignorance at this point, right?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Right. It can't. Makes you wonder if it isn't learned behavior and it isn't the first time.
Right, like this is just his way of doing business. It seems like a pattern of behavior to me.
Now we're hearing about calls to the Prime Ministers of the UK and Australia as well ...

tytlyf

Not Religious
If there are not enough Republicans in the Senate who have not been blackmailed or intimidated by the Russians, then Trump's impeachment in his removal from office will fail.
Therefore, it may fall to the general public to exact judgement to save our country from this hostile foreign owned administration.
See that recent report about the NRA being a Russian asset? NRA lost it's way a couple decades ago. Good riddance to corrupt organizations.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
He learned the lesson that he can get away with stuff like this.

It remains to be seen if he will learn the same lesson again, or a different one.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think the lesson Trump took from the Mueller investigation is that despite his obstruction of justice and his kids' collusion with Russia, he's still in office and his kids aren't in prison.

Yeah, some of his staffers went to jail, but not anybody that Trump cares deeply about.

I think he really does see the outcome of the Mueller inquiry as a win and as a signal that he can do whatever he wants.