• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in a sentence or less, whats the meaning of life

most people have thought of this at one time or another, lots have come to the conclusion they just cant tell...and thats ok. i have my own idea, but i`m interested to hear what others may think.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To order a six piece chicken nugget meal but instead get seven and a switchblade.
Wrong! That is not meaning. That is just good fortune....unless the switchblade is one of those lame Chinese knock-offs.

Last edited:

openyourmind

The answer is not in a single sentence. God has spent thousands of years to reveal to you the secret to life and many have stopped looking and others are only using have the tools that have been given to them. Now, Since you asked I will given you my belief and if you need the proof for my belief I can give it to you. The reason for our exsitence on earth has been clear from the day of our exsitence. It is to give us the right to choose. God wants only those who want to be around him to be with him. Before you judge and say he is crazy, I ask of you one thing. I gave to you will you to then give to me. I would like you to read genesis, really submerge yourself in the story. Take the time and put your self in the passage and fell how the man they are speaking of may have felt. And, don't read it with limitions of what you already believe. God has no limit his power is infinit and so the craziest you can dream he can do. Even magic is with in his power. Then reply to my belief.

The answer is not in a single sentence. God has spent thousands of years to reveal to you the secret to life and many have stopped looking and others are only using have the tools that have been given to them. Now, Since you asked I will given you my belief and if you need the proof for my belief I can give it to you. The reason for our exsitence on earth has been clear from the day of our exsitence. It is to give us the right to choose. God wants only those who want to be around him to be with him. Before you judge and say he is crazy, I ask of you one thing. I gave to you will you to then give to me. I would like you to read genesis, really submerge yourself in the story. Take the time and put your self in the passage and fell how the man they are speaking of may have felt. And, don't read it with limitions of what you already believe. God has no limit his power is infinit and so the craziest you can dream he can do. Even magic is with in his power. Then reply to my belief.

I have read genesis, people have also told me the story of genesis many times before i could read. I am sorry but I was not impressed.

EDIT

can you do the same that you request here, and read the origin of species with an open mind and free of religios presumptions?

Last edited:

Beta

The purpose and meaning of life ?
In a nutshell :
To be created fully in the image and likeness of God !

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The meaning of life is slightly different for everyone, therefore there is no single meaning of life that is true for all.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
To drink Beer and good Whiskey,admire Women, play some sport and do some internet shopping,oh and walk the Dogs,there are some other things but too many words

Erebus

I don't believe life has a meaning, but I do believe it has a purpose: to discover your Self.

Ace7X

A life without cause is a life without effect.

The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

openyourmind

You speak as though he doesn't exist but I will ask you the same that I ask all that say he isn't real. Why are you here? Why do you continue to chase and try to prove to this that see him they don't see him? If you have no interest in him why are you here? I do not read books that I have no interest in? And, you say that we continue to hold on to the bible, so I will tell you. The bible isn't the only thing that makes me believe that god is real. You set out to prove the bible wrong but you only tell me what god has already told me. I don't read just the bible that is common. My mind is open will read of myths and legends I can pick up the book of other religons and see my god in them. I can see the unlimited power of my god and believe it all possible. But at a point the msg to the followers has become corrupt. I will not say all other religons are wrong because it is not the religion that is wrong. It is the application that is flawed. It is the hand of man not the word of god. So I ask you can you open your mind for a moment free of your judgement that say he is not here and take a day to try and see something bigger than you or me.
Though you haven't asked I will give you a tenth of me. In the book of gen. it tells us in the beginning all the earth was one, just as your science has finally come to prove. So I thank god for the gift of science so that we could see his words were true. It also says that as man began to multiply we a were given a job. Farmer, Hearders, builders and so on. He also tells us to keep the body whole. As a whole we work the best you can agree with that right, 2 hands r better than one. He just told us that we are all different and had our jobs. Now if the farmers leave the whole who will farm the land, if the builders leave where will they rest slept and what will the builders eat. They will only be a burden on the land. Science has just proved that people use more or less of different parts of thier brain. And the research continues to show the what parts of the brain are used most relate to what that person does. Again thank you god for the gift us science to show me how you did this.
I have read genesis, people have also told me the story of genesis many times before i could read. I am sorry but I was not impressed. The book then says when the people multiply and the earth starts to spread out, remember this was around when man still believe the earth was flat, and the people said let's cook the mud to make stone and they made temples for god that reach up to the heavens. People of science tend say that how is it that people on opposite side of the earth built of the same design and have the same ideaolgy of gods and sacafice. Now take your maps of today and mark the pryamids then take those pieces and arrange them as one, pangea. Now tell me how far are the people from each other?

EDIT

can you do the same that you request here, and read the origin of species with an open mind and free of religios presumptions?

You speak as though he doesn't exist but I will ask you the same that I ask all that say he isn't real. Why are you here? Why do you continue to chase and try to prove to this that see him they don't see him? If you have no interest in him why are you here? I do not read books that I have no interest in? And, you say that we continue to hold on to the bible, so I will tell you. The bible isn't the only thing that makes me believe that god is real. You set out to prove the bible wrong but you only tell me what god has already told me. I don't read just the bible that is common. My mind is open will read of myths and legends I can pick up the book of other religons and see my god in them. I can see the unlimited power of my god and believe it all possible. But at a point the msg to the followers has become corrupt. I will not say all other religons are wrong because it is not the religion that is wrong. It is the application that is flawed. It is the hand of man not the word of god. So I ask you can you open your mind for a moment free of your judgement that say he is not here and take a day to try and see something bigger than you or me.
Though you haven't asked I will give you a tenth of me. In the book of gen. it tells us in the beginning all the earth was one, just as your science has finally come to prove. So I thank god for the gift of science so that we could see his words were true. It also says that as man began to multiply we a were given a job. Farmer, Hearders, builders and so on. He also tells us to keep the body whole. As a whole we work the best you can agree with that right, 2 hands r better than one. He just told us that we are all different and had our jobs. Now if the farmers leave the whole who will farm the land, if the builders leave where will they rest slept and what will the builders eat. They will only be a burden on the land. Science has just proved that people use more or less of different parts of thier brain. And the research continues to show the what parts of the brain are used most relate to what that person does. Again thank you god for the gift us science to show me how you did this.

you do not need to be religious to be interested in religion. please,there are alot of threads asking atheists why they are here and there are many of satisfying answers on there

atleast i bothered to read the bible, do you learn about something before you decide not to believe it?

and I did not say many of the things that are in the quote you have of me.

this is the last time that i am going to give you a response on this thread because we are going of topic.

openyourmind

I have read it all, science, history, bible new and old, coran, mythology I still see my god in everything. My belief is not from just what I've been told, there is a feeling in me the that let me knows I'm right. But, you are right we are off topic and if this is not the path you wish to take there's nothing I can do.