• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in a sentence or less, whats the meaning of life

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
most people have thought of this at one time or another, lots have come to the conclusion they just cant tell...and thats ok. i have my own idea, but i`m interested to hear what others may think.
The meaning of your life is whatever you choose it to be.

guilo

Undercover Nudist
There is no meaning. There is no ultimate purpose. The best way to spend it is to try and manufacture happiness for as long as possible. Why? Because it feels good, and feeling good is better than feeling bad. Simple!

Nooj

none
There is no meaning. There is no ultimate purpose. The best way to spend it is to try and manufacture happiness for as long as possible. Why? Because it feels good, and feeling good is better than feeling bad. Simple!

Feeling good is better than feeling bad? :confused:

As for the OP: life is meaningful only insofar as we find it meaningful.

dust1n

Zindīq
most people have thought of this at one time or another, lots have come to the conclusion they just cant tell...and thats ok. i have my own idea, but i`m interested to hear what others may think.

Or less? Could the meaning of life be an incomplete thought?!

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Leaning how to survive, have fun doing it, setting up your offspring for success, and passing on your genes!!!

waitasec

Veteran Member

the meaning of life is to conquer fear.
edit;
the meaning for my life....

Last edited:

guilo

Undercover Nudist
Feeling good is better than feeling bad? :confused:

As for the OP: life is meaningful only insofar as we find it meaningful.

I'm talking for the non-masochistic ones, but even for masochists, they find happiness from pain, so even they prefer happiness to depression. I can't see why you would prefer a life of depression instead of happiness. Care to enlighten me?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
“The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man."
King Solomon of Judea

Beta

“The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man."
King Solomon of Judea
Good post Pegg
But one that will not reach many ears ! :)