• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

in the beginning was the "word"

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So God has no person?
So entwined in His creation He is indiscernible.

Kinda like.....'the Force be with you'....
I didn't say that.

God is both immanent and transcendent -- both indiscernable and particular.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I didn't say that.

God is both immanent and transcendent -- both indiscernable and particular.

So you want God at every turn and touch....that's nice.

I suspect He is sitting back and waiting to see what stands up from the dust.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The "Word" in John 1:1 probably more or less means "Wisdom".

I think not.
I lean more to the notion, 'word' would be that ability to speak....
Which a paradox....in the beginning.

What would there be to speak of?

How do you pronounce...'I AM'....?

I think this, is the most basic of mysteries.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I think not.
I lean more to the notion, 'word' would be that ability to speak....
Which a paradox....in the beginning.

What would there be to speak of?

How do you pronounce...'I AM'....?

I think this, is the most basic of mysteries.

there is no mystery in Jesus being called 'the word'

He is the one through whom God speaks. Gods word comes through Jesus, it always has and always will because Jesus is Gods only begotten son. The first created being and the only being directly created by God.

And the hebrew scriptures show us the position of Jesus to God in the example of Aaron and Moses. Aaron was the one through whom Moses spoke to the nation.

Exodus 4:10 Moses now said to Jehovah: “Excuse me, Jehovah, but I am not a fluent speaker, neither since yesterday nor since before that nor since your speaking to your servant, for I am slow of mouth and slow of tongue.” ...14 Then Jehovah’s anger grew hot against Moses and he said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I do know that he can really speak. ...15 And you must speak to him and put the words in his mouth; and I myself shall prove to be with your mouth and his mouth, and I will teach YOU men what YOU are to do. 16 And he must speak for you to the people; and it must occur that he will serve as a mouth to you, and you will serve as God to him

Thief

Rogue Theologian
there is no mystery in Jesus being called 'the word'

He is the one through whom God speaks. Gods word comes through Jesus, it always has and always will because Jesus is Gods only begotten son. The first created being and the only being directly created by God.

And the hebrew scriptures show us the position of Jesus to God in the example of Aaron and Moses. Aaron was the one through whom Moses spoke to the nation.

Exodus 4:10 Moses now said to Jehovah: “Excuse me, Jehovah, but I am not a fluent speaker, neither since yesterday nor since before that nor since your speaking to your servant, for I am slow of mouth and slow of tongue.” ...14 Then Jehovah’s anger grew hot against Moses and he said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I do know that he can really speak. ...15 And you must speak to him and put the words in his mouth; and I myself shall prove to be with your mouth and his mouth, and I will teach YOU men what YOU are to do. 16 And he must speak for you to the people; and it must occur that he will serve as a mouth to you, and you will serve as God to him

It happens....I don't believe the person of Jesus to have been present when the singularity went 'bang'.

The Creator is an entity of His own hand.
In the beginning He stood alone.
He was first in mind and spirit.

I'm not much into Christian salvation rants.