• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Infantilizing our Furbabies

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
This is Samson. I adopted him from a rescue agency a couple months ago. He's had a rough life, but he's doing great now!

download.jpeg

Some of the other names he goes by so far are as follows:

Lil Sammy
Prancin' Samson
Squirt
Dog buns
Lil guy

What about you guys? What are some of the nicknames you inflict... I mean... bestow upon your pets?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This is Samson. I adopted him from a rescue agency a couple months ago. He's had a rough life, but he's doing great now!

View attachment 90465

Lil Sammy
Prancin' Samson
Squirt
Dog buns
Lil guy

What about you guys? What are some of the nicknames you inflict... I mean... bestow upon your pets?
There's a lot of pets....

When Sarama is naughty, her 'serious' name is... Puppy Wuppy. Puppy Wuppy knows she is in deep doo-doo if she hears this.

Swatty and I argue back and forth... Mop(he's extremely furry), Mr. Squatty, and several non-forum friendly names...

Lucky- Yoinky Sploinky. No idea. That's what my oldest calls him.

Lamar is a Big Ball. (Innocent; his short body frame and giant round belly make him look like he could bounce.)

Cub- Rubber Cubby(sang to the tune of Rubber Ducky), Chubby Cubby, Cuberoni with Cheese

Mustachio- Never called by his name. Almost always Stupid. Occasionally Sproot.

Nina- The Crafty Devil

Kore- Coal Miner

A few of the pets don't seem to have nicknames. Fortunate for them.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
There's a lot of pets....

When Sarama is naughty, her 'serious' name is... Puppy Wuppy. Puppy Wuppy knows she is in deep doo-doo if she hears this.

Swatty and I argue back and forth... Mop(he's extremely furry), Mr. Squatty, and several non-forum friendly names...

Lucky- Yoinky Sploinky. No idea. That's what my oldest calls him.

Lamar is a Big Ball. (Innocent; his short body frame and giant round belly make him look like he could bounce.)

Cub- Rubber Cubby(sang to the tune of Rubber Ducky), Chubby Cubby, Cuberoni with Cheese

Mustachio- Never called by his name. Almost always Stupid. Occasionally Sproot.

Nina- The Crafty Devil

Kore- Coal Miner

A few of the pets don't seem to have nicknames. Fortunate for them.

Oh my goodness! So cute!

"You lil squirt!" is what I say when he's being "naughty," but honestly he's super well behaved and never does anything purposefully destructive or bad. I'd never guess he was a rescue minus his super independent nature and resistance to learning tricks (he was a stray)

"Let's go, dog buns" when he spends a little too much time sniffing or staring at something

And of course, "Prancin' Samson" when he knows we are going to the park or something he's excited about and prances around. He actually telegraphs his emotions real visibly. Super cute!

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Kore had a dress. :)

She loved the dress. (Unusual for a cat.)

Oh wow! Reminds me of my mom and dad's cat, Cedrick. He wears a harness and leash and my parents take him out walking in the woods. People are always surprised to see him out trotting along

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Cleo (cat) became known as Cooking Fat before she died too young

Wally (dog) was a rather stupid border collie who earned the nickname of Brain Damage.

One of the stray cats that adopted us we were considering what to call him. Soon enough Trickster was almost decided on before Loki came to mind.

Gargovic Malkav

Mikey I often call "Bollie" (Meaning something like "Fatty" in an affectionate manner because he's a big boy)
I also call him "my lovely leopard/lion/lynx/jaguar/ocelot/any big or medium sized cat name"
"Mike The Brave" (Because he can be very skittish)
"Scaredy Cat"
"Mike The Abundant" (Again: because he's a big boy)

The other cat's name is oficially Markootje (or Mark, according to his passport), though I usually just call him "Katje" (Diminutive of "Kat").
Sometimes I call him Katje Knoestoog (Kitty Knoteye, because in a dimly lit room, I find that his face somewhat resembles a wood sculpture and his eyes look like knots).
"Scratch" Katje, after Lee "Scratch" Perry, a Jamaican singer and record producer. A song of his was on where he mentioned his own name, and I imitated his voice and replaced "Perry" with "Katje", and this kind of stuck.
I have this habit that when I have a song in my head and I'm playing or cuddling with my cats, to replace all kinds of words in the lyrics with the word "Katje".
I guess it's one of those quirks of mine where my autistic traits become more obvious... :sweatsmile:
Sometimes I also call him "Incestuous Homo" because sometimes he gets a little ehm... excited, and starts mounting his brother Mike.
I think it sounds hilarious when I call him that with a "coochy coo" voice.

View attachment 90465

Lil Sammy
Prancin' Samson
Squirt
Dog buns
Lil guy

I have a large house cat and I call him 'My Little Bob Cat'. As I am typing this he is playing beside me. I have a small table to put the laptop on. He enjoys typing too. Oh another term I use is 'Son' and I am his 'Mother'.