• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

infinite and god(s)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
The Sims
A computergame that let's you control a person living a life. A brilliant concept grew to one of the most sold serie of games and addons.
Sim City
A computergame that let's you control a city and how humans should make that city.

Artificial Intelligence
egoistically speaking intelligence outside the mind of a human being. Let's say made by us.

Emotions
Seen as only human or at least animals.

Now let's combine these. You would get a game where a human being is being controlled by artificial intelligence with emotions. That person is probably not capable of knowing that it is actually in a game as long as it never told to.
Reflecting that to our own world we would be the human controlled by artificial intelligence not knowing we are in the game. That game has a designer ofcourse.
The infinitefactor: What if this just goes on and on. We are God, desining that game. In that game the humans are God for creating their game. In that game those humans create their game and so on and so on.. There would not be one God, but an infinite amount of gods..

Spore
A fairly new game, the concept made after the Sims. It handles the entire evolution.
You'll be the creature, but also it's god. The entire flow of evolution is in your hands.

Let's add this one. What if these "realms" are not an infinite amount of realms but just one in a loop. In this case, we would create the game, it's evolution and eventually making ourselves. We ourselves would be doing exactly the same as we are in reall life, but a tad slower or later. As it would be exactly the same world, it would be more as if there is just one in a twirling loop. There would be a creator and a creation, both being us..

Edit: I am using a computergame only as example people can relate to. I think the concept can be in numerous ways. Thought for example or religion.. but it would still be beyond our grasp without the artificial intelligence telling us what we are.

Last edited:

avalon

Interesting concept.

But you have to realize that artificial intelligence is just programming, for every imput there is an output. Just an Example, if you pet a robot dog, it will respond by wagging its robotic tail. This is in its programming, as the imput is the petting the dog and the output will always be wagging its tail. Not a very good example, but you get the point.

But we have agency, a choice. If we didn't have a choice we WOULD be like robots. That would be unjust for the lord, because he would just "program" us , and amoung the programmings is what our response will be when we hear the gospel. Hope that makes sense.

For the Spore question and the loop, im not sure i really understand where your coming from. Can you explain it differently.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Bouncing Ball, what you're talking about sounds partly way along to a holarchic structure of reality. Have you come across that term before?

Also, have you read Biocosm by James Gardner? I suspect you'd love it. It covers similar ground.

None of this changes the fact that Spore sucked though. :(

But we have agency, a choice. If we didn't have a choice we WOULD be like robots. That would be unjust for the lord, because he would just "program" us , and amoung the programmings is what our response will be when we hear the gospel. Hope that makes sense.
It makes sense, but depends upon believing many things about the nature and character of God that are highly questionable to someone like me.

Also, we might not have agency. I actually don't believe we do beyond our customs of thought. it just seems as though we do. No independent-origination is a Buddhist concept that makes sense to me and that equates to no independent-agency. Its hard to believe in agency when looking at the findings of neuroscience too.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Interesting concept.

But you have to realize that artificial intelligence is just programming, for every imput there is an output. Just an Example, if you pet a robot dog, it will respond by wagging its robotic tail. This is in its programming, as the imput is the petting the dog and the output will always be wagging its tail. Not a very good example, but you get the point.

Well actually, this was just a concept and not what I believe in personally. I do think that for every bunch of imputs, there's is a bunch of outputs. Personally I don't believe in free will.