• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inter-faith Relationships

BruceDLimber

Hi!

My wife and I are both Baha'is.

While he was growing up, our son attended Baha'i school, where he was taught about all the great religion and their legitimacy!

And when he eventually came of age, he, too, decided to become a Baha'i.

(Bahai parents must see that their children are trained about all the great religions, and may not interere in a child's choice of what <if anything> to become.)

Works well for us! :)

Bruce

des

Did you read/hear about the Israeli that married a Palestinian? They can live in either part of the country. It sounds like Romeo and Juliet. They are moving to Europe so they can have a normal life, but she is able to leave and so far he can't.

Sad sad.

--des

Bishka

Veteran Member
joeboonda said:
Our family was catholic, then we became non-catholic Christians. My Mother, Father, 2 Brothers and 2 sisters all became Christians. One older brother who has some doubts about what he believes, is married to a Jewish woman, and one sister is married to an Arab. Makes for interesting get-togethers, but we all get along quite nicely despite our different beliefs. My sisters children all say when they turn 18 they are going to grandmother's house (my Mom) and are going to be Christian. I hope they do! We all love and care for each other deeply, although we live all over the U.S., so even though we know somewhat what each other believes, and have discussed it some, we pretty much leave it alone, unless an opportunity presents itself.

So Catholics aren't Christian? :confused:

ayani

des said:
Did you read/hear about the Israeli that married a Palestinian? They can live in either part of the country. It sounds like Romeo and Juliet. They are moving to Europe so they can have a normal life, but she is able to leave and so far he can't.

Sad sad.

--des

no, i haven't heard. tragic. do you have an article or link we can check out?

des

No, I can't find it. I keep getting stuff about marriage laws in Israel (they don't allow this). I'm wondering how they could have possibly gotten together.

--des

gracie said:
no, i haven't heard. tragic. do you have an article or link we can check out?

ayani

des said:
No, I can't find it. I keep getting stuff about marriage laws in Israel (they don't allow this). I'm wondering how they could have possibly gotten together.

--des

that's ok. ya, i'd love to know their story. man, that's sad... prayers for all relationships under fire. especially when a government is applying the blow torch.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
des said:

--des

Marriages between Jews and non-Jews in Israel are illegal, but they are also common. Couples generally fly to Cyprus for a marriage, which Israeli law is then required to recognize upon their return.