• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Internet and Religion

hawaiiguy

How would you say that being able to openly discuss religion on the internet has impacted your view of religion and others' religions?

Bishka

Veteran Member
I believe it has given me a more open mind and heart to what others have to offer to me. It has shown me a lot more then I knew before, and the information is at my fingertips. Also, it can be a bit of a nusiance, when you find a page that is anti-what-you-believe-in and all they do is flame, bash, etc. your faith. That really gets me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I have learned a great amount of information about other religions on this site.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
For me it's given me a chance to communicate with people of different religions and get a real life perspective on their religion that you cannot always get from reading about a religion in a book.

Ormiston

It's the only place I've found that I can comfortably discuss religious issues. One on one with friends is nice, but limited. I feel my understanding and tolerance has grown greatly in my short time here.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Well, it has given me a lot to 'chew on' mentally;

I got to hear of religions I didn't know about, gave me the opportunity to be much more understanding towards certain Groups.............

I have also, hopefully, made some good friends here.........I think......:)

Skavau

I've always maintained that the internet is a more open and more resourceful source for education than any form of education one participates in school.

I believe it is very practical to engage in discussions on the internet, look at other people's opnions, understand other people's opinions and then post your own opinion on top of that while learning new stuff throughout the journey. I find that more preferable than me going to a library and taking out a book called "The Existence of God Volume 12.4"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I believe it is very practical to engage in discussions on the internet, look at other people's opnions, understand other people's opinions and then post your own opinion on top of that while learning new stuff throughout the journey. I find that more preferable than me going to a library and taking out a book called "The Existence of God Volume 12.4"
You can also learn alot from books, so don't be so quick to put them back down. Reading the book is still reading what one (sometimes more) person wrote.