• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing @crossfire

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
What kinds of things might that be if, say, you were planning to activate the energy of Hermes?
I've worked with Hermes so much that sometimes I can just plug into the Mercurean current.
For deeper or more specific connections to Hermes: the psychopomp and the messenger, I have several strategies. First, I have tied the scent of lemongrass to this archetype, so I will have some lemongrass oil diffusing while I read stories involving Hermes. The hypnogogic state, just between waking and sleep, and the hypnopompic state, just between sleep and waking, are great times to get in touch with Hermes. (I might even smell lemongrass during the hypnopompic state if I'm making the connection.)
Another way to plug into Hermes is to plug into my Jungian Animus., with particular care to plug into the spiritual guide aspect of the Animus.

Hermes is also associated with the color orange and oral traditions. I'll read over any relevant lore during my prep time specific to the reason behind my wanting to connect to Hermes.

If I'm having difficulty making the connection, I might design a ritual and wait for a couple of days to see what happens.

Sometimes, if I want to get to a specific part of my unconscious mind, a totally different guide might guide me there instead of the one intended.
That's honestly a really healthy way to do things, in my opinion.
:)

crossfire

Premium Member
Yay! I'm finally to my weekend and will have more time to post more detailed answers if anyone wants to ask!

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I've worked with Hermes so much that sometimes I can just plug into the Mercurean current.
For deeper or more specific connections to Hermes: the psychopomp and the messenger, I have several strategies. First, I have tied the scent of lemongrass to this archetype, so I will have some lemongrass oil diffusing while I read stories involving Hermes. The hypnogogic state, just between waking and sleep, and the hypnopompic state, just between sleep and waking, are great times to get in touch with Hermes. (I might even smell lemongrass during the hypnopompic state if I'm making the connection.)
Another way to plug into Hermes is to plug into my Jungian Animus., with particular care to plug into the spiritual guide aspect of the Animus.

Hermes is also associated with the color orange and oral traditions. I'll read over any relevant lore during my prep time specific to the reason behind my wanting to connect to Hermes.

If I'm having difficulty making the connection, I might design a ritual and wait for a couple of days to see what happens.

Sometimes, if I want to get to a specific part of my unconscious mind, a totally different guide might guide me there instead of the one intended.

:)
I find that process totally fascinating.

How did you come to know your guides? Was it trial and error, or did they find you? (Or something else?)

crossfire

Premium Member
I find that process totally fascinating.

How did you come to know your guides? Was it trial and error, or did they find you? (Or something else?)
It was more about recognizing them. Their effects are quite subtle. (Which is not surprising as they are an aspect of your unconscious mind.)

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
What other things that I haven't covered do you feel is important we know about your religious path?

crossfire

Premium Member
Religion should be something personal, tailored to help the individual evolve, and beliefs can and should evolve with the individual.

Thanks for the interesting questions!

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Religion should be something personal, tailored to help the individual evolve, and beliefs can and should evolve with the individual.

Thanks for the interesting questions!
Thanks for the interesting replies! You've given me(and I'm sure some reading/participating) a lot to think about.

How would you recommend an individual wanting to personalize their path begin to do so?

crossfire

Premium Member
Thanks for the interesting replies! You've given me(and I'm sure some reading/participating) a lot to think about.

How would you recommend an individual wanting to personalize their path begin to do so?
To paraphrase Buddha: https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn56/sn56.031.than.html
  1. Identify stress/unsatisfactoriness in your mind
  2. Observe the conditions surrounding how the stress arises
  3. Observe the conditions surrounding how the stress passes away
  4. Based on your observations, develop a practice that will lead to the passing away of stress and the non-arising of stress. You can use whatever techniques from whichever traditions that work.
  5. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited: