• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing @mangalavara

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
That looks like an amazing place....

Swayambhu really does look like an amazing site. When I imagine standing before the stupa, I feel excited.

Is there anything else you'd like those reading to know about your religious or spiritual outlook?

Yes. For me, being a Hindu is not merely about adhering to some religion, way of life, or whatever one wants to call it. Being a Hindu is not about having a certain identity in order to feel special or to feel that I am part of a special group. From my perspective, which is informed by my own intention and practice, being a Hindu is about being on the path to becoming an ṛṣi or rishi, a sage, a seer, someone who has realized the Absolute and really understands spiritual truths. Being a Hindu is about becoming a jīvanmukta or living person who has attained liberation. There are many ways to become such a great soul, of course, with bhakti or devotion being the easiest path.

Reaching that goal is not for my benefit only. I want to reach the goal so that I may share spiritual truths with other people, give them faith that they can find real bliss within themselves, inspire them to be bhaktas, teach them how to do a regular spiritual practice, bless them, guide them, and encourage them. I want to do all of that out of love, for that is why Śiva and enlightened persons in Hindu scriptures revealed spiritual truths and methods to other beings: they did it out of love. The further I get in my spiritual journey, the more love I feel for other beings, the more I wish I could tell people around me about Śiva, devotion, and the supreme goal of life. If I ever make disciples, that is okay. What I really want is to make rishis and great souls who will have true happiness and be able to help other people become truly happy. If all of that happens, good. What I desire more than anything is to dwell in Śivaloka, that is, Śiva's world, even if it means just sweeping the roads there.

Thank you, @JustGeorge, for interviewing me. I appreciated all of your questions as well as your comments. Just as I enjoyed reading the previous interviews with other RF members, I look forward to enjoying the upcoming interviews with other RF members.

Namaskāra. May God bless you and all who are open to divine blessings.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Being a Hindu is about becoming a jīvanmukta or living person who has attained liberation. There are many ways to become such a great soul, of course, with bhakti or devotion being the easiest path.

Reaching that goal is not for my benefit only.
We are climbing the same "mountain". Whether it's the Buddhist Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā, your path, mine or uncounted others, we will all reach the summit.

Thanks to you and @JustGeorge for another great interview.