• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interviewing @The Hammer

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Well, there could be many sides, then... Though if I remember, there's encouragement in that book to experiment with numbers.
In this day and age, dozens.

There is encouragement to use and experiment with many number correspondence s, and some of my favorite to work with are 3, 5 and 9.
That's very moving. Does the sight of crows still affect you?
They do. I still get happy at the sight of them. And thankfully they are quite common in the PNW. Not quite everywhere like pigeons in New York, but you get the idea.

It's to a point where even my wife will point them out to me when we're out.

I actually noticed the other day that Crows have swagger. When they walk, they move their tails from side to side.

(Not sure anyone will be able to see that video)
Why do you think he chose you?
That's a good question, and one that I often ask myself.

What I've gathered is we have similar personalities. An insatiable desire to learn, a love of poetry, and a familiarity with magic. We're both warriors, and can sometimes be "mad with frenzy"; though like an ulfhe(th)nar, with Odin's guidance, I am learning to work with it vs letting it work me.

He's got quite a workload.
Don't we all :p

Many hats.
Why do you think that you've only been able to bond with the spirits of these two places?
Proximity and it's where I've spent the majority of my time, I moved a lot or was deployed when I was in the military. With these deployments being out to Sea as I was in the Navy. And while I was stationed in Japan for 4 years, I never got to really get out and experience the Spiritual world of it, as much as I'd have liked. I had just started my first into Druidry around this time. And I found the Steel and Technology of the ship to be spiritually isolating. It felt very disconnected from the Natural world. (As you'll see though I did get to a few places in Japan that were impactful, I just didn't have much time there.)

After Japan I was stationed in Everett, WA for a few years, and a good year of that I was actually not deploying... for the first time in 6 years. This allowed me to really get out and explore the PNW and when I started my first official steps at doing a Druid study program, at this time I was working with the AODA program, and stuck with it for about 8 months or so, even growing and caring for a little meyer lemon tree. This time period is when I met my friend Crow.

But, then it was time to uproot and leave again. Off to the Midwest. While I lived in the Midwest I was so busy that I didn't have much time to explore like I wanted, I was running a barracks of 250 students, and then towards the end was being separated from the military. But this is when I started to read and shape my practices around ADF. I had become more hard set on following a more reconstructive and polytheistic approach to Druidry and they fit that bill.

What were some of the more memorable shrines you saw in Japan?

Ooh, Enoshima Island had wonderful shrines to a local Goddess, Benten. She is a Goddess of Good fortune, music, wealth and knowledge.

Both my wife and I had near simultaneous spiritual experiences at Her shrine passing through this gateway ring:

kanagawa-enoshima-jinja-shrine-5771.jpg

Took that as a blessing by Her.

The entire Buddhist temple district in Kamakura was gorgeous too, especially during Cherry Blossom festival (one of my favorites).

sakura10_100407_kamakura_07.jpg

Last edited: