• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intro/dept. of interior

Dakota Kid

Harmony Artist
Hi! Pilgrims and the like-minded, I have never really be-friended someone through this medium. To me, this is a podium, an arena or a batters box(the world serious)! How did we ever come to this end or is it the beginning? What ever happened to the just plain old "come on over?" Surely our hearts need rest! Have you any comfort here...... house with many windows? This is an amazing network...people just love to build things! We are made to be relational! So let the games begin!!! All of this and a bag of chips.....good.....so be it.:shout Raised eyebrows......that's all I want to see.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Dakota Kid,

Welcome to Religious Forums!

How did we ever come to this end or is it the beginning? What ever happened to the just plain old "come on over?" Surely our hearts need rest! Have you any comfort here......

It is a wonderful beginning (at least for me); the Internet, and Forums offer the ability for me to discuss with people from other nations - all dotted around the word - matters that interest us jointly.....without leaving my seat.

Besides, you won't be able to see what I am wearing (old and comfortable clothes), which I would not feel good in, were I to meet you face to face.

So, I can only hope that you enjoy your time with us, and regale in our ability to do what we wish to do, due to the existence of this Forum!:D

Dakota Kid

Harmony Artist
Thank you for your response Michel. Virgil(now 88), a good friend of mine said we really can only count our closest friends on one hand. Others come and go, but the ones that have stayed awhile, leave the most(a lot of) footprints in one's life. If one thinks of the forever family(God's own),and that we are surrounded with a cloud of witnesses, we should be even comforted more and be doing the right thing. I guess this thread is not for conversation, but for addressing each other. :yes:Take care

Dakota Kid

Harmony Artist
On the lighter side, somebody said men have dog ears, and can hear a bag of chips open from many yards(neighbors yards) away. He said women are like cats, they get hair everywhere, and they can scratch you at the movies. I have read a great poem from Kahlil Gibran, in a book called; Chicken soup for the Soul(a good thing). I like the end of it as saying as the arrows(children) go forth , the Archer(Heavenly Father) sees the intended point, that we might be a steady bow(the strong hand of guidance). Those steady bows don't leave the arrows to wander. I always say to people , "take somebody with you!":yes: