• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IQ Test

Booko

Deviled Hen
Buttercup said:
Has anyone in this thread taken a genuine IQ test?

Yes.

148. That's not too far off other results.

For anyone not happy with their results, I'd give you the following cautions:

1. IQ only measures potential. It ain't what you got, it's what you do with it that counts.

2. IQ only measures some very limited areas of "intelligence." If our cultures definition of "intelligence" included "people" intelligence, I'd be an craven idiot I'm sure. :eek:

3. IQ in now way measures wisdom, which I submit is more important.

Fun test, though. I haven't done one of those in years. Maybe those headaches haven't fried my brains as much as I thought. whew!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Booko said:
Yes.

148. That's not too far off other results.
I've gotten around the same results on other tests...usually in the 115-120 range. But, what do you think of this test? Is it an accurate example of an IQ test? I sincerely don't know. I've taken several online tests but am never sure how close they are to actual tests. It is odd that I usually score in the same range pretty much.

Also....I have a problem with a test that measures intelligence using multiple choice answers. Just for fun, I'm going to go take it again and pretty much just guess to see where I land. :D I'll post the results.

Random

Buttercup said:
163???? Wow! I think genius is considered somewhere around 135-140 isn't it? What do you think of this test?

I was young, so I just answered in a kind of blank. unemotional way. It worked and I was surprised by the results. How, I don't know...:shrug:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Buttercup said:
I've gotten around the same results on other tests...usually in the 115-120 range. But, what do you think of this test? Is it an accurate example of an IQ test? I sincerely don't know. I've taken several online tests but am never sure how close they are to actual tests. It is odd that I usually score in the same range pretty much.

Yes, but there is that section that is a "knowledge" test, and that will cause scores to vary somewhat. It just happens that I read a lot and live with someone with an English Ph.D. and worked shelving books in libraries when I was young, so ... duh...d'ya think I can associate the names of authors with the titles of their works? :rolleyes:

The analogies, spatial problems, and mathematical patterse are pretty typical. It's usual to have sequences of numbers also and be asked which is the next in the series.

Also....I have a problem with a test that measures intelligence using multiple choice answers. Just for fun, I'm going to go take it again and pretty much just guess to see where I land. :D I'll post the results.

True. The best one I took had more fill-ins. The spatial problems "which pattern comes next?" had multiple guesses (presumably because to do otherwise creates scoring problems), but other things you just had to come up with the answer.

Language testing is always dicey. One test I took asked about the meaning of "sesqui-" but seeing as my alma mater had just celebrated its sesquicentennial, duh...think I might know it means 150? Some of those things come down to dumb luck at times.

I did guess on a few of the questions. I've been at an all day meeting, and on about three of them just said to myself, "oh sheesh I'm just dead tired, click on anything who cares it's just for fun!" :D

One of the tests I took years ago was from the Triple Nine Society. The 999 part of the name refers to scoring in the 99.9th percentile. That puts your IQ somewhere 150 or above. I usually get somewhere in the high 50s or 60s, so this test you linked to, given I'm tired, seems decent.

I'll have to take it again when I'm actually awake and see what I get. It would be nice to have more data to work with. That tends to eliminate anomalous results.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Godlike said:
I was young, so I just answered in a kind of blank. unemotional way. It worked and I was surprised by the results. How, I don't know...:shrug:

That works the best for me, especially on the spatial sections. Thinking about it too much only gets confusing. Use the Force, Luke. :D

And being unemotional (as in detached, not as in "stuffing emotions") works better for test taking anyway. Being emotional about test taking just keeps you from focusing.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I got 119...

What killed me was the memory part(remember the sequence of squares), my short-term memory is shot to hell and back...

ayani

dawny0826 said:
As did I.:D Too much for these brain cells.:cover:

i'm more proud of myself for giving up than i would have been for passing the thing.

yay for giving up.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Mister Emu said:
I got 119...

What killed me was the memory part(remember the sequence of squares), my short-term memory is shot to hell and back...

I didn't think of that as a memory test as much as a pattern recognition test.

If they'd given me names for 5 people and their pix to remember I would've flubbed it bigtime.

Although I'm not so sure it's really my short term memory that's off. I think...yeah, well...I have it in my sig: