• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran - public hanging?

Bismillah

Submit
But when justice consists of death penalty it is murder too.
"Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being with "malice aforethought", and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter). As the loss of a human being inflicts enormous grief upon the individuals close to the victim, as well as the fact that the commission of a murder is highly detrimental to the good order within society, most societies both present and in antiquity have considered it a most serious crime worthy of the harshest of punishment."

What definition do you use which defines the legal punishment for premeditated killing as "murder"?

tomteapack

tomteapack
I favor public execution. If execution is supposed to be a deterinent it needs to be visible. The one to be executed needs to have done in his own neighborhood so his buddies and potential future criminals can watch him kick and fill his pants and humiliated to death, that MIGHT prevent some of them from following his footsteps.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
I favor public execution. If execution is supposed to be a deterinent it needs to be visible. The one to be executed needs to have done in his own neighborhood so his buddies and potential future criminals can watch him kick and fill his pants and humiliated to death, that MIGHT prevent some of them from following his footsteps.

What a sick response.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
The death penalty is barbaric and it takes away any chance for wrongs to be made right and it also takes away the possibility for someone wrongly convicted to have their conviction overturned. There have been many executions and after the fact the person was found to be innocent.

Bismillah

Submit
What a sick response.
Not really, if one is in favor of a death penalty then it makes sense that the execution isn't hidden from public sight. Why would you try to make it more "acceptable", the penalty itself is established on the basis of general deterrence, otherwise scrap the damn punishment.
The death penalty is barbaric
This is also barbaric Dad: I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
takes away any chance for wrongs to be made right
How would you recompense a victim of murder?
takes away the possibility for someone wrongly convicted to have their conviction overturned.
So you have a problem of the level of evidence needed to charge someone with the death penalty, not the penalty itself. Say someone murders a man in public, would you then justify the death penalty?

Barcode

Bismillah good responses.....

Tamar I am surprised that for a jew you're against it. I assumed all jews favored the death penalty especially when someone is blatantly wrong

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Bismillah good responses.....

Tamar I am surprised that for a jew you're against it. I assumed all jews favored the death penalty especially when someone is blatantly wrong
Israel, the only Jewish country, does not apply a capital punishment.