• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran: Real Threat?

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Tehran 'bounty' for attacks against Israel

IRAN has promised a reward of $10,000 (£5,600) to Islamic Jihad if the militant group launches rockets from the West Bank towards Tel Aviv, a senior Palestinian intelligence official said last week.

Speaking in his Ramallah office, the official produced a fat wad of $100 notes which he said had been confiscated from a pro-Iranian Islamic Jihad activist.

The money was said to have gone from Iran to Damascus, the Syrian capital, from where Ibrahim Shehadeh, Islamic Jihad’s head of overseas operations, transferred it to the West Bank.

Along with cartoons praising suicide bombers and the recent proclamation to wipe Israel off the map, is Iran deliberately begging for war?

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
Darkdale said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1849215,00.htmlAlong with cartoons praising suicide bombers and the recent proclamation to wipe Israel off the map, is Iran deliberately begging for war?
Someone told me that we are indirectly at war with Iran already in the country of Iraq fighting the "insurgency". The claim is that Iran is supplying the resistance and that it is not really an insurgency, but a conflict which is feed from the outside. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Well, George W. Bush is probably thinking, "Since the WMDs aren't in Iraq, then they must be in Iran. And if we invade Iran and find the WMDs aren't there, then they must be in ... "

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
retrorich said:
Well, George W. Bush is probably thinking, "Since the WMDs aren't in Iraq, then they must be in Iran. And if we invade Iran and find the WMDs aren't there, then they must be in ... "

I doubt it. I don't think anyone wants to have to invade Iran. We will most likely lose three or four thousand more soldiers. The only way we go into Iran is with massive international support. Of course, we can't let them get a bomb as long as they want to commit genocide. So... we'll have to bomb their buildings.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Darkdale said:
Of course, we can't let them get a bomb as long as they want to commit genocide. So... we'll have to bomb their buildings.
Hell, yeah! A country's gotta do what a country's gotta do. Fo shizzle!:rolleyes:

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
retrorich said:
Hell, yeah! A country's gotta do what a country's gotta do. Fo shizzle!:rolleyes:

You think a nation that wants to commit genocide should be allowed to have the weapons to do it? Do you think Jews should be killed?

AtheistAJ

Iran is a threat to itself those around it, not to West. I doubt that even if they had WMDs they had capacity to launch them even as far as East Europe, and Bush should try and keep out of new wars for a while. I think if US started a war on Iran all of the insurgency would focus there, and if we weren't already in Iraq and hunt for Al-Quaida, I would probably support starting a war with them. Maybe a UN directed operation on Iran would be the cleverest thing, because it is unethical to do nothing when good people die each day. I don't think giving up Gaza to Palestinians was a smart thing for Israel in the first place, they just gave Muslim overwhelmed Iran more territory to shoot missiles at Jews from.

Fluffy

A fool
Iran does not have the capability of hitting Europe with any kind of missile. They are capable of hitting Israel, however. If Iran carries on like it does then it will be much easier to rally international support via the UN and NATO in order to defend the surrounding countries against a state that has basically stated that it will have no problem with lobbing a nuke at them.

I toyed with the idea that Iran deliberately wanted a war with America so as to increase American involvement in the Middle East and thereby increase terrorist support. However, whilst I could understand such a mentality coming from a terrorist whose powerbase came from the people he was able to manipulate, I see no reason for a president to put his country in such a dangerous position despite his considerable political and monetary interests that would be destroyed if that country was destroyed by war.

greatcalgarian

Darkdale said:
I doubt it. I don't think anyone wants to have to invade Iran. We will most likely lose three or four thousand more soldiers. The only way we go into Iran is with massive international support. Of course, we can't let them get a bomb as long as they want to commit genocide. So... we'll have to bomb their buildings.
Should do it to North Korea first.:biglaugh:

greatcalgarian

Darkdale said:
You think a nation that wants to commit genocide should be allowed to have the weapons to do it? Do you think Jews should be killed?
Israel has plenty of WMD. She can defend herself against Iran. :D

greatcalgarian

Fluffy said:
Iran does not have the capability of hitting Europe with any kind of missile. They are capable of hitting Israel, however. If Iran carries on like it does then it will be much easier to rally international support via the UN and NATO in order to defend the surrounding countries against a state that has basically stated that it will have no problem with lobbing a nuke at them.
You need a missle to launch the WMD such as a nuclear bomb from Iran to Israel. Unless you are expecting the suicide bombers to carry the nuclear bomb, and march all the way to Jerusalem.:jiggy:

what do u say ?
who says that iran is a threat?
did u watch it only in ur tv reports?ur governments thoughts in ur tvs?
why nobody says about the usa nuclear bombs that is used 2 times during the past century and its terrible results? world is blind!
who says iran is threat?why?whats the reason?
i dont know why people just say what they hear or what they see-why dont they research and get the trueth?iran explained many times that they dont want nuclear bombs on the other hand israel has bombs now.
its really strange

sadiq

Spain, Morocco, Jerusalem
"More Americans"?
we never asked you to fight for us,we never wanted you to fight for us,we never MADE you fight for us.

Stop pretending you fight for us,you fight because of your incompetent leadership and frankly that is your issue not ours.

EDIT: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3887726,00.html seems like other people think the same.

Last edited:

Mazdak

"More Americans"?
we never asked you to fight for us,we never wanted you to fight for us,we never MADE you fight for us.

Stop pretending you fight for us,you fight because of your incompetent leadership and frankly that is your issue not ours.

EDIT: Peres: We never asked US to fight for us - Israel News, Ynetnews seems like other people think the same.

While it's typical to blame George W. Bush for the war in Iraq, it was the American pro-Israel lobby that wanted the war.

The major architect of the Iraq war, Paul Wolfowitz (a staunch Zionist), had a plan to invade Iraq as early as 1977. He claimed Iraq was a direct military threat.

Prominent neo-conservatives occupied important positions in the Bush administration, and in the aftermath of 9/11, they played a major role in persuading Bush and Cheney to back a war against Iraq, which they had been advocating since the late 1990s. We also pointed out that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and other Israeli officials were initially skeptical of this scheme, because they wanted the U.S. to focus on Iran, not Iraq. However, they became enthusiastic supporters of the idea of invading Iraq once the Bush administration made it clear to them that Iraq was just the first step in a broader campaign of "regional transformation" that would eventually include Iran.

At that point top Israeli leaders from across the political spectrum became cheerleaders for the invasion, and they played a prominent role in helping to sell the war here in the United States.

Blair, Bush, Israel and Iraq | Stephen M. Walt