• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran: Real Threat?

Alceste

Vagabond
I'm not terribly worried about Iran getting their hands on nukes.
Seriously, they would never use them against another nation, including Israel.
They have no interest in turning their country into a glass bowl, which would be the result.
Again, for all the fearmongers, there is no Muslim country or coalition of Muslim countries that are even close to being a serious threat to neither the US nor Europe.
While certain extreme individuals might be suicidal, the countries and the general population, is not.

Can you imagine how depressing it would be if all our countries were judged solely by the behavior of our most deranged citizens?

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Can you imagine how depressing it would be if all our countries were judged solely by the behavior of our most deranged citizens?

You mean if people thought all Norwegians were like this?

viking_berserker.jpg

Sorry folks.
That's just me. :p

Marble

Rolling Marble
I think Iran has always been a huge threat to the entire civilized world, for the last 50 years. They might not have as many people as say, China (another big threat), but they are fanatical and brainwashed and that makes them dangerous.
So is North Korea.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Chicago Cubs don't want to wipe a country off a map and don't have nuclear ambitions.

I don't believe the mistranslation on 'wipe them off the map.' And as long as any country (especially in middle east) can have nuclear weapons, why not another? If they are secret about this program, that would match just about every other country who went the covert route in obtaining them. Some countries (one particular in middle east) thinks it is entirely prudent to maintain ongoing secrecy around their own stockpile of nuclear weapons. But, by all means, let's hold Iran to a different standard. :rolleyes:

Shermana

Heretic
I don't believe the mistranslation on 'wipe them off the map.' And as long as any country (especially in middle east) can have nuclear weapons, why not another? If they are secret about this program, that would match just about every other country who went the covert route in obtaining them. Some countries (one particular in middle east) thinks it is entirely prudent to maintain ongoing secrecy around their own stockpile of nuclear weapons. But, by all means, let's hold Iran to a different standard. :rolleyes:

Well I do believe he said that Iran wants to help "Liberate Palestine", and that his exact words were "Remove the Zionist regime from the pages of history".

Acim

Revelation all the time
his exact words were "Remove the Zionist regime from the pages of history".

In America, one gets to hear the likes of Rush Limbaugh daily say, "Remove the Obama administration from the pages of history." Or "I hope he fails." Or... list goes on and on and it isn't very pretty.