• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
As an entomologist, one of my jobs is to rear insects for testing. When working with target species that actually attack the plants I am interested in protecting, I have to consider how rearing impacts the populations of insects I am using to evaluate the protective measures.

Raising insects on formulated diets that they do not encounter in the field and raising them in plastic trays is a radically different environment for them. These insects do become adapted to diets and rearing conditions.

Pressure from disease is purposefully reduced. The traits that form the ability to find food are no longer selected in the same way.

What scientists do to support the all mighty experiment we keep hearing about can and sometimes does impact those experiments and this needs to be accounted for and tested.

In an aside, we have seen here and elsewhere, experiment elevated to divine proportions from a side that continually rails against the scientism they see everywhere. That is an irony that I do not think this thread was originally intended to reveal, but it has.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought rabbits were lagomorphs rather than rodents. Or is that a pedantic distinction?
Oryctolagus omniscience knows all. Oryctolagus runningincircularis reasons in circles. Oryctolagus dansmithvillei gets the babes.

It is the great circle of lies, erm life.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oryctolagus dansmithvillei gets the babes.
And they are hot too:
1697920104853.png

1697920171525.png

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes those adaptive traits that offer survival advantage, are passed to offspring, again, fittest for that particular ecological system. That is an important point to underline.
Unless, of course, it's a malfunctioning mutation that prevents the organism from successful adaptation to its "environment."