• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe this will help -- dogs, cats, chimpanzees do not have churches or written documents as to any reflection or wonderments as to how they got here.

This still isn't an answer to my question, unfortunately. Aside from which, none of the Bible's authors lived for millions of years to observe any process that would take that long.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
This still isn't an answer to my question, unfortunately. Aside from which, none of the Bible's authors lived for millions of years to observe any process that would take that long.
and neither did any other organism, monkey, snake, fish, etc., that observed evolution in detail and video'd it or wrote it down step by dna burgeoning step.

YoursTrue

Ergo my original question. Do you have an answer?
I gave you the answer. I guess you do not understand it. Maybe you can keep reading posts and eventually figure out the answer. Or maybe someone else can give you the answer you seek.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I gave you the answer. I guess you do not understand it. Maybe you can keep reading posts and eventually figure out the answer. Or maybe someone else can give you the answer you seek.

I didn't see one if you gave it.

Can we determine that a process took millions of years without observing it, or can we not?

YoursTrue

I didn't see one if you gave it.

Can we determine that a process took millions of years without observing it, or can we not?
It seems, accoding to observation of present day things like planets, suns, moons, geological strata of the earth, that the time it took to produce them took a looonnnngggg time. That's about all I can say. Longer than 7 days of 24 hours each. I mean 6 days. Or 5 days of 24 hours each.

YoursTrue

If evolution is debunked by happening on too
slow a time scale to observe in real time, wouldn't
that be a criticism of biblical claims, which aren't
even observable at all?
Who said things happened on too slow a time table? Not me...but it does take months for a baby to grow to maturity in the womb and then -- thereafter, come to think of it, the infant needs care from someone else in order to survive.

YoursTrue

If evolution is debunked by happening on too
slow a time scale to observe in real time, wouldn't
that be a criticism of biblical claims, which aren't
even observable at all?
ok, now you got me, I'm thinking about it. We can get videos or x-rays or whatever of fetuses developing in the womb. Not sure how clear they are in reference to cell multiplication, I'll stop there, maybe you know if cell multiplication precisely and clearly has been recorded as the cells multiply--emerge from one another.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems, accoding to observation of present day things like planets, suns, moons, geological strata of the earth, that the time it took to produce them took a looonnnngggg time. That's about all I can say. Longer than 7 days of 24 hours each. I mean 6 days. Or 5 days of 24 hours each.

Great. I agree. So we can know that a process took millions of years without being there to watch it take that long. The same logic ought to apply to evolution then.

YoursTrue

Great. I agree. So we can know that a process took millions of years without being there to watch it take that long. The same logic ought to apply to evolution then.
I can't say millions of years. I can't say billions or thousands. I can only say it obviously, in my view, took a looonnngg time. Again -- I do not KNOW the biological and physical mechanics that were in process and exactly how it happened (from the beginning).

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't say millions of years. I can't say billions or thousands. I can only say it obviously, in my view, took a looonnngg time. Again -- I do not KNOW the biological and physical mechanics that were in process and exactly how it happened (from the beginning).

Admitting you don't know is a good place to start.

YoursTrue

Admitting you don't know is a good place to start.
Would you say that recognizing a day considered in the Genesis account of creation could not be a 24-hour day for various reasons? One is that geological marks on the earth indicate it took far longer than a 24-hour day, or 6 24-hour days to make these. That's one. There are other reasons, but I'll stop there for now.