• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Anonymus Sex better then other types of Sex?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I had to make a sex thread too, just to see everyone's opinions. Does the idea of Anonymus Sex appeal, or is it better then other types of sex? I have to admit, it can be hot.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No. Sex is more enjoyable and fulfilling when it's meaningful and with a partner you know, trust, respect and have an emotional bond with. Casual, anonymous sex just cheapens the act and oneself.

Last edited:

Kerr

I had to make a sex thread too, just to see everyone's opinions. Does the idea of Anonymus Sex appeal, or is it better then other types of sex? I have to admit, it can be hot.
Have never had it, and to be honest, I am not interested. To each their own I guess :shrug:.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
No. Sex is more enjoyable and fulfilling when it's meaningful and with a partner you know, trust, respect and have an emotional bond with. Casual, anonymous sex just cheapens the act and oneself.
I think it depends on your mindset.

Yes, I agree that sex with someone you know, trust, respect, and have an emotional bond with is more fulfilling. But I consider it to be a different category than casual sex.

And I also think there's a difference between just "casual" sex and "anonymous" sex, the latter being even less personal and emotional.

I think monogamous sex is more meaningful on a more emotional level. And depending on your belief system, it's more meaningful on a spiritual level.

I define casual sex as sex between two people who know each other, like each other as people, and find each other attractive, but don't feel any romantic interest in each other. They just want to have fun and get their rocks off. It fulfills the human need to let go and have fun, on top of bonding with someone else. It's not necessarily a romantic bond (though they sometimes develop in a "friends with benefits" relationship), but it does form a bond nonetheless. And again, depending on the belief system, it could also be spiritually fulfilling for some.

Anonymous sex, (meet up at a club/bar/personals website, get a room, do the deed, and leave, never planning on seeing the person ever again) is, of course, the least personal of the three. It fulfills that urge to let go and have fun, without having to form and maintain another interpersonal relationship if one is not willing to.

The one thing that they all fulfill (if it's good, at least) is physical desire.

So I would think that they are all fulfilling, just in their own way.

Casual or anonymous sex aren't really for me, but I can see why it's appealing to some.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I define casual sex as sex between two people who know each other, like each other as people, and find each other attractive, but don't feel any romantic interest in each other. They just want to have fun and get their rocks off. It fulfills the human need to let go and have fun, on top of bonding with someone else. It's not necessarily a romantic bond (though they sometimes develop in a "friends with benefits" relationship), but it does form a bond nonetheless. And again, depending on the belief system, it could also be spiritually fulfilling for some.
I don't have a problem with that. I've been there, myself. The important thing is knowing, trusting and respecting each other, in my opinion.

Anonymous sex, (meet up at a club/bar/personals website, get a room, do the deed, and leave, never planning on seeing the person ever again) is, of course, the least personal of the three. It fulfills that urge to let go and have fun, without having to form and maintain another interpersonal relationship if one is not willing to.
If that's what some people are into thing then more power to them. As I've said before I have no problem with what people do as long as everyone involved are consenting adults. But in my personal opinion there's a lot of issues regarding risk, trust and respect (for each other and themselves), and it just feels like it cheapens sex and the participants themselves. For me it's important that I respect my body and that my partner respects my body, likewise for themselves, and I have to trust the person I'm sharing my body with, and I can't trust someone who doesn't respect me, etc. It's just me, but I want to know the person I'm sharing a personal, intimate experience with.

Christ I sound like a girl.

Last edited:

BelieveMe

everything i am
It depends how a person has been raised. Sex is sex, but it doesn't mean anything, except a lustful night, if it's with a person who's name you have to ask in the morning. Some people like the adrenaline rush that you get when you don't know the person (and/or where you do it). Others like the intimate, endearing moments with the person they love. I suppose if you are a nymphomaniac you like both, but as I said before, it depends how the person has been raised. The way you are treated as a child will determine the outcome of how you act.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
In my experience, you have to have repeated sex with someone, in order to get to the point of the sex being good. There's always a separation, distance, and awkwardness to having sex with someone for the first time, which prevents it from being very good.

I realize people are different, but I've always assumed that people who claim to have good sex with people they don't know, are generally people who are emotionally disconnected and are relegated to enjoying sex as a purely physical act. In other words, they think the sex they have is good, because they don't know, nor desire, anything more than masturbation with another body.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Well sometimes anonymus sex can be very errotic. Like I've always heard other gay guys tell me glory holes are super errotic.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
In my experience, you have to have repeated sex with someone, in order to get to the point of the sex being good. There's always a separation, distance, and awkwardness to having sex with someone for the first time, which prevents it from being very good.

I realize people are different, but I've always assumed that people who claim to have good sex with people they don't know, are generally people who are emotionally disconnected and are relegated to enjoying sex as a purely physical act. In other words, they think the sex they have is good, because they don't know, nor desire, anything more than masturbation with another body.
Well, I'd also say that there is that sense of excitement when you're having sex with a stranger, because it's so new. Because it's so "bad." I'd think that the rush would make it even better.

On top of that, there are those people who are just good at sex, whoever they're with.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this thread may have to be moved soon, lol

MissAlice

I'm abstinent, so I too wouldn't know.

I guess it depends on the person. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable even engaging a simple thing like conversation with a stranger but that's just me. I think Comicaze247 may have a point. It's "bad" or "mysterious" which brings out those subconscious animal-like urges lol. Also from what I've heard, it's easier not to have anything such as emotional attachments involved. I think there is no matter how much we cover it up, we are polygamously-minded by nature thus ensure our genes are passed on.