• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Anyone Here Actually a "Bad Person"?

waitasec

Veteran Member
i find there are a lot of good people... i've lost my cell phone, keys, wallet all at different times and they were all returned to me...
one time my drivers license fell out out of my pocket and i got it in the mail...
another time the back wheel from my 1st car on the drivers side came right off...clean break, and a nice man called my mom and dad for me...(before cell phones)
oddly enough, someone put up a sign recently warning the neighborhood of car thefts in the area...
yup, there are more good decent people in the world than there are bad ...
it's just the bad ones make more noise.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is anyone actually a bad person? I'm certainly not because back in '92, I gave one of my employees a handsome bonus so he could buy his wife a dress for Christmas. It's pretty much the only good thing I've actually done, but so long as we're slinging around absolute standards, then I fail to measure up to the absolute standard necessary to be called a bad person.
More seriously, I think your comparison works to show a flawed argument.

Alceste

Vagabond
I've never done anything bad, so I guess I am not a bad person. I've never done anything good, either, so I suppose I can not be good. I just am, and because I am, I have no choice but to do. Some people dislike what I do and some people like it. Who is to say whether it's good or bad?

Many Sages One Truth

To some just being alive makes one automatically bad, and I find that truly sad. We come into the world, and just for that, we get to be tainted with badness. What a sad view of humanity.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Is anyone actually a bad person?
People who kill cute fluffy bunnies. Who can be that monstrous?!?
images

On_a_Quest

I don't think it's possible to go through life without doing at least one good deed. Even if someone is theoretically evil to the core and purposely does things considered bad (like Alceste said, who's to say what's good or bad?), he or she is bound to unintentionally or indirectly do something good. Would that still count? Do unintentional good/bad deeds count?

I've always considered myself to be a basically good person and I consider everyone I meet to be a basically good person. I can't think of anybody off the top of my head who is intentionally "bad." Sure, we all make mistakes - I know I have - but that doesn't make someone a bad person.

I think repentence is important too. If you do something bad and feel genuinely sorry for it, you aren't as bad as the person who does bad things without remorse. What about someone who does bad things only because he/she is ignorant of good/bad?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

Thread reopened. Please refrain from making personal remarks aimed at other posters.​

Me Myself

Back to my username
I am a bad person with horrible emotions that has done stuff which is not proud of and have cause unnnesesary suffering for my loved ones.

I am also a good person with a lot of compassion and am very happy to have helped loved ones and strangers and tries to learn and understand my badness to trascend it and be happier and make people around me happier of being around me. :)

I still struggle more than I should sometimes, but I do wholeheartedly have almost always the best intentions

Last edited: