• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is atheism a new fashion>?<

Status
Not open for further replies.

adthelad

It would be. Yet in fact one of the underlying principles in Scientology is that you should observe things for yourself and not rely on assumptions or authority figures to tell you what to think.
It's a principle I think you'd benefit from using.

It would be. Yet in fact one of the underlying principles in Scientology is that you should observe things for yourself and not rely on assumptions or authority figures to tell you what to think.
That's what Atheism is.

"Think for yourself, question authority."

adthelad

Not in my experience. When I started investigating spirituality I realised that all the stuff pointing in the direction of atheism I'd assumed were facts were definitely not fact at all.

Really ?
Xenu and Body Thetans

Xenu, as depicted by a cartoon in BBC's Panorama

Main articles: Xenu, Galactic Confederacy, and Body Thetan
Among these advanced teachings, one episode revealed to those who reach OT level III is the story of Xenu and his Galactic Confederacy.
Xenu (sometimes Xemu) is introduced as an alien ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth in spacecraft resembling Douglas DC-8 airliners, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living. Scientologists believe the alien souls continue to do this today, causing a variety of physical ill-effects in modern-day humans. Hubbard called these clustered spirits "Body Thetans", and the advanced levels place considerable emphasis on isolating them and neutralizing their ill effects.[35]

Sorry, but that is what scientology bloke said, rasor is correct! That was fantastic.
:p

From BBC's panorama it was completely the opposite. One man killed his wife and children because they objected to Scientology, seems sort of like a brainwashing cult.

Smoke

Done here.
Atheism is NOT fashionable in the SE U.S. :eek:
No, it's not. I'm more open about my homosexuality than my atheism, and for good reason. But I do think that in general there's something of a backlash against the bad behavior of religious fanatics, especially in the areas of politics, science, and terrorism.

Fredx10

Atheism is an oxymoron. You are denying the existence of something by acknowledging its existence. If you think that atheism is a "belief," then you lump all the non-believers together, just like a church. Don't be atheists. Just get on with your lives.

rasor

Atheism is an oxymoron. You are denying the existence of something by acknowledging its existence. If you think that atheism is a "belief," then you lump all the non-believers together, just like a church. Don't be atheists. Just get on with your lives.

Athiesm is not a belief, its a lack of belief in a god ( any god)

UnTheist

Atheists = without God. You must be talking about Strong Atheism, which is the belief that God(s) cannot exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.