• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is caffein good for you?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Melody said:
I'm not laughing. I love ice cold milk. As a general rule, I avoid caffeine because it negatively affects my blood sugar levels. Although when I get a headache that looks like it's taking on all the signs of a migraine, I take an excedrin migraine tablet (or 2) and they contain caffeine. Only thing that gets rid of the headaches.
Right on! Excedrin is the only way to go for headaches. So, I guess you could say that there are some valid uses for caffeine. But, on the whole, I don't think it's good for the body.

motoman

Maize said:
Having recently decaffeinated myself, I can only tell you from my experience that I feel 10 times better throughout the whole day by simply replacing that cup of coffee with a good breakfast and some exercise to wake me up and give me energy. The effects last much longer than caffeine.
I agree caffeine feels good for about an hour. But when you do fall, you fall hard! I get a massive headache! My mom used to say that is God punishing you, but I don't beleive that :( Instead I think it is God letting you suffer for your stpidity.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If I don't have any caffein, I get a really bad headache. Just a bit in the morning, some in the afternoon, and a bit in the evening to help me relax. I will admit it now, I am fully addicted to caffien, more so than I ever was to cigarettes, even when I started smoking 1/2 to 1 pack a day.

turk179

I smell something....
Did you all know that the coffee bean comes from a tree that produces a fruit that is called the coffee cherry. The coffee bean is actually the pit of the cherry. I just learned this from "Who wants to be a millionaire?" I DO! I DO! Sorry:( I guess I was due for a pointless rambling outburst. Now its time for a Dr. Pepper:D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Did you all know that the coffee bean comes from a tree that produces a fruit that is called the coffee cherry. The coffee bean is actually the pit of the cherry.
I didn't know that. I knew coffee beans came from a tree, and that was it.