• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is death the only way to prove the existance of God?

Ran

So many people argue about the existance of God.So i want to know what do you think about it?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Which god? Do you really mean God when you say god (aka, the classical monotheist one-god of the Abrahamic religions) or do you mean any theology of the world's religions?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So many people argue about the existence of God.So i want to know what do you think about it?

I feel it's a foregone conclusion. Why would we assume any entity exist because people claim it does? Unless you have a personal experience you think could be a god and want evidence of it's existence to know for sure? People arguing about his existence?

To me that's like say:

Joe: Hey Mike. Didn't you know nothing exist?

Mike: Nothing. What do you mean?

Joe: Yeah, see in this book right here. It talks about it. I think you should read it. You might get a spiritual experience from it.

Mike: Um. I just read "god created the earth". What is a god?

Joe: You don't know who god is? God can't be explained. He is the great I AM. He is nothing.

Mike: You keep saying this Nothing as if what's in this book is real. Can you explain the existence behind the definition of this word god? Can you explain the nature of nothing?

Joe: Umm.. but its god

Mike: I know. I know. What you can't explain (nothing) is called. You said the nature of god (defined) is nothing. Explain that. What does it look like? What does it feel like? Does it have a beard and a long nose with pimples?

Joe: I don't know the nature of god. You'd have to experience it.

Mike: How can I experience nothing? Can you see the logic in that?

Joe: Uum. But that's not the context.

Mike: Well, that's the only context I can think of. A literal one. Unless you can describe a better nature of him, all I know is you are experiencing nothing.

Joe: But it's god.

(Nods)

Mike: Okay. Guess we'll talk later about nothing.

Joe (shakes his head): Okay then.

whirlingmerc

Death is a little late to matter....

The Bible has a suggestion "Taste and see that the Lord is good"
how do you tell that honey tastes good? you put it on your tongue and see

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

Y'know, when I was a wee little Nietzsche, I was told not to put things in my mouth just because someone else said it was alright.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is death the only way to prove the existance of God?

I don't think death is related to the matter of evidencing the existence of any deities, personally.

But if there are any real deities, odds are that they can be evidenced somehow. At least to the satisfaction of their believers.

Whether that involves proof as you mean the term in the opening post, I have no idea.

So many people argue about the existance of God.So i want to know what do you think about it?
I wonder why anyone would want to convince anyone else of the existence of a specific deity. It is quite unnatural an idea IMO.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think people who have had Near Death Experiences will tell you there is something God-like out there. What that something is exactly may be more than we can fully understand. But I do believe there is something even before I die.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

How would that apply to proving God's existence specifically? Wouldn't that merely subjectively prove that you think God is good?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think people who have had Near Death Experiences will tell you there is something God-like out there. What that something is exactly may be more than we can fully understand. But I do believe there is something even before I die.

At least it will be quite a show until everything goes completely dark.

jonathan180iq

What if death only proves that your whole life up to that point was a dream and you wake up in the Matrix?

Is death the only way to prove the Matrix?

jonathan180iq

Are you saying we should French kiss God?
french-kissing-god-facebook-image.png

Demonslayer

I think people who have had Near Death Experiences will tell you there is something God-like out there. What that something is exactly may be more than we can fully understand.

Meh, an overhead hospital lamp and the last dream before death is easily understandable.

Demonslayer

Perhaps coming back from the dead could prove if there is any afterlife or not. But just dying doesn't prove anything, people die every minute.