• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a Macho Entity?

dave_

We never call god she but we call him , father etc.He keeps the humanity in line just like a macho man does with his family.When someone begin get out of his hand he just punish them.He doesn't have sympathy for homosexuals , lustful women etc.I think the only thing that can overcome machohood is madness.Macho people intimidate others , use the fear in them.They use sexuality to dominate them.They take what they want from a woman.I think sexuality is the key to their power.They use sexuality like a magical weapon to harm , to dominate.

So do you think god is macho?If so how can we overcome him?

Sultan Of Swing

We never call god she but we call him , father etc.He keeps the humanity in line just like a macho man does with his family.When someone begin get out of his hand he just punish them.He doesn't have sympathy for homosexuals , lustful women etc.I think the only thing that can overcome machohood is madness.Macho people intimidate others , use the fear in them.They use sexuality to dominate them.They take what they want from a woman.I think sexuality is the key to their power.They use sexuality like a magical weapon to harm , to dominate.

If God was all about punishment, there would be no one going to heaven. We all deserve Hell, salvation is by God's grace, by His mercy and love.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
God is a woman with no rulings or authority, not a gun maker , not a rapest , not violent , the list goes on .:)

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Anything that has no gender that is seen as an authoritive figure in recent times is assumed to be a He because it was culturally assumed that men are in charge.

It was different before christianity and catholicism came onto the scene though.

catch22

If you stem from judeo-christian nations, then yeah. But not everyone views God as male, there's plenty of goddesses in pantheons spanning multiple cultures.

I think God is "macho," yes. Overcome Him? Or just overcome the notion of machismo in terms of God?

The Bible demonstrates God as Father and Son. It further demonstrates Christ and His bride (the church) as a pending re-union. Israel is referred to as the bride of God in the Old Testament.

Why try to overcome it because you have examples of human ego maniacs being jerks? Why not just re-define your image of macho in Godly terms, rather than human exploitative ones?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

"I can impregnate an already married woman and then make her raise it alone.

I can kill things, in fact I can kill most of earth life in a very disturbing way (drowning) because when I give them freewill I don't expect them to use it.

I can talk a man into killing his brother, but stop him just in time to see if this guy actually do anything for me.

I am genius! I create Adam and Eve and I tell them that there is only this one tree they can't eat off of. This tree doesn't really have a purpose for existing, or if it does, I think it'd be a good idea to set it in the center of their home and make the apples look delicious. I am so surprised they ate off that tree. How could this perfect plan fail???

OK, better punish every single human who'll exist ever for the wrongdoing of two people.

I'm going to let them kill my son in a very brutal way so humans can be saved. But not everyone is saved, only those who believe in me.

How hard is it to believe in me? Plenty of evidence! A series of books full of translation complications, contradictions, unclear message, while there are other books like this, but obviously those books are all lies and mine is true. Isn't it obvious? Hmm?

Don't point fingers at me. Bad things are human's faults and miracles are my actions. Blame satan.... wait no freewill... wait no witches.... nevermind antichrist... blame yourself.

It's 100% all your choice. You have freewill. You have the choice to believe in me, or to not believe in me. It's your choice, but I'll throw you in agonizing pain if you don't use your freewill the way I want you to."

It appears God is macho, but the way he judges good and evil convinces me that he dropped out of school in grade 2.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often

Well, if God were that way I think we would be justified in our rebellion. I don't see how God forces himself on anybody, there is always the option to sin and do the opposite of his will. God doesn't program us to do the things we do, (despite what some people would say) we do those things of our own nature. Btw God's punishment or wrath is not always painful. In the Bible he says that if a person is in so much resistance to his will he gives them over to what they want. The truth is that God has sympathy for all people because he gives them another day in life to change their ways thereby escaping his wrath.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
It depend on which god you mean. But if I take the christian god as an example, I certainly think that he is designed to reflect the attitudes and ideals of the rulers of biblical times.