• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a Woman?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I got a mate who's an idigenous Aussie and he owns a fifty foot trawler and is six foot three with hands like a gorilla (They almost drag on the ground) and he's as rough headed as any man you could ever meet. He'd just returned after fishing up around the Torris Straight Islands, when I met him in the pub, where he said to me, "You know old mate? While I was up in the islands I met God," "Did you? I said, "Yea," he answered, "And she was big, black and beautiful," from the look of your picture, I'm sure that he was not referring to you and so I very much doubt that you're telling us the truth.

I'm telling the truth. Your friend could be telling the truth as well. Who says they are exclusive truths?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I got a mate who's an idigenous Aussie and he owns a fifty foot trawler and is six foot three with hands like a gorilla (They almost drag on the ground) and he's as rough headed as any man you could ever meet. He'd just returned after fishing up around the Torris Straight Islands, when I met him in the pub, where he said to me, "You know old mate? While I was up in the islands I met God," "Did you? I said, "Yea," he answered, "And she was big, black and beautiful," from the look of your picture, I'm sure that he was not referring to you and so I very much doubt that you're telling us the truth.
The camara does take away a few skin tones! :D

Luminous

non-existential luminary
26 And God said, Let us make man(kind) in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(Old Testament | Genesis1:26 - 27)

Blue Letter Bible - Gen 1 (KJV)
elohiym is plural... Children is the plural of child... cherubim is the plural of cherub... elohiym is the plural of el... the "m" ending makes things plural in Hebrew.\
it acts as a singular noun in Hebrew grammar (see next section), and is then generally understood to denote the single God of Israel.
--Hebrew grammar
Elohim has plural morphological form in Hebrew, but it is used with singular verbs and adjectives in the Hebrew text when the particular meaning of the God of Israel (a singular deity) is traditionally understood. Thus the very first words of the Bible are bre**** bara elohim, where bara ברא is a verb inflected as third person singular masculine perfect. If Elohim were an ordinary plural word, then the plural verb form bar'u בראו would have been used in this sentence instead. Such plural grammatical forms are in fact found in cases where Elohim has semantically plural reference (not referring to the God of Israel). There are a few other words in Hebrew that have a plural ending, but refer to a single entity and take singular verbs and adjectives, for example בעלים (be'alim, owner) in Exodus 21:29 and elsewhere.
In most English translations of the Bible (e.g. the King James Version), the letter G in "god" is capitalized in cases where Elohim refers to the God of Israel, but there is no distinction between upper and lower case in the Hebrew text.
No, your believe is based on a Jewish book which you have read through your Josephidian viewpoint.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The camara does take away a few skin tones! :D

For that matter, what makes him think he was referring to skin tone? If you look at my pic I'm wearing all black. Even a black hat. I don't know about the big thing though...maybe he meant chest? :flirt::p

S-word

I'm telling the truth. Your friend could be telling the truth as well. Who says they are exclusive truths?

Yea, well I don't know about you girly, but I must be God, because I'm sitting on the very top of the earth, the horizon drops away from me in all directions, no matter in which direction I walk, its all dowmhill. Plus I hold the central position on the earth, for earth's horizon streaches out at equal distance from my throne on the top of this earth which is the centre of the universe, because the universal horizon also streches out at equal distance from my throne on the top of the earth which is at the centre of the Cosmos.

And I am also in the highest position in time within this universe, when I look out at the stars, I know that I cannot see them in my position in time, but I see them as they were millions and even billions of years ago. Even when some one waves to me or speaks to me, I know that alas, it was all in my past as it took light and sound, time to carry those messages to me; How lonely it is sitting in my throne in the centre of the entire Cosmos, knowing that no person can ever occupy my godly position.

Last edited:

marfeb06

ha ha ha! is god a woman!? ha ha ha...
is what i, a man, mostly desire, a woman? yes she is
is she any woman? no she and i are literally interconnected, we are of the same god the same love.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yea, well I don't know about you girly, but I must be God, because I'm sitting on the very top of the earth, the horizon drops away from me in all directions, no matter in which direction I walk, its all dowmhill. Plus I hold the central position on the earth, for earth's horizon streaches out at equal distance from my throne on the top of this earth which is the centre of the universe, because the universal horizon also streches out at equal distance from my throne on the top of the earth which is at the centre of the Cosmos.

And I am also in the highest position in time within this universe, when I look out at the stars, I know that I cannot see them in my position in time, but I see them as they were millions and even billions of years ago. Even when some one waves to me or speaks to me, I know that alas, it was all in my past as it took light and sound, time to carry those messages to me; How lonely it is sitting in my throne in the centre of the entire Cosmos, knowing that no person can ever occupy my godly position.

Alrighty then :areyoucra

If you knew what I believe then perhaps you'd understand better, but for some reason, I feel my words might be lost on you judging by your other posts.

Kcnorwood

Seeing as how vindictive God is in the Old Testament, I'd have to say female.

You should read a book called The Alphabet Verses The Goddess by Leonard Shlain. It talk's about how when man lived off the earth & female Gods most mankind lived in peace. It was untill later that man turned to all-male Gods that more wars broke out.

On a side note there is no balance with the Christian God there is however with Pagan Gods. It take's two to create life in nature.

idea

Question Everything
No, your believe is based on a Jewish book which you have read through your Josephidian viewpoint.

26 And God said, Let us make man(kind) in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

"us" and "our" not "me" and "mine" - it is plural. image of God is "male and female" - either God is a bisexual, or there are multiple gods, at least one male, and one female.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Sex is a biological mechanism for both procreation and mixing the gene pool, it also allows for the possibility of evolution.

God has no need of such a mechanism as demonstrated in the birth of Jesus.

God is no more a woman than God is a man.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

"us" and "our" not "me" and "mine" - it is plural. image of God is "male and female" - either God is a bisexual, or there are multiple gods, at least one male, and one female.
As long as you are going there, why not pay attention to the singular pronoun used in verse 27 reffering to the creation of Adam? God made him both male and female!

Scott C.

Just one guy
I have heard of this view, but I have never really understood it. Is there anyone that believes that God is a woman that can explain the rationale behind this belief?

I believe we have gender in this life, because there is gender in Heaven, including God. We live in families in this live, because heavenly beings live in families. To some extent, God patterned our world after life in eternity.

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
Sex is a biological mechanism for both procreation and mixing the gene pool, it also allows for the possibility of evolution.

God has no need of such a mechanism as demonstrated in the birth of Jesus.

God is no more a woman than God is a man.

There is more to male/female than just sex.

read "Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars" ;) – the differences between men and women go far beyond physical attributes.

Deut 13:1

200 posts about the gender of G-d and not one person has commented on the limitations of the Hebrew Language. . .

In the Hebrew language their is no way to communicate a genderless singular noun. English has 'It' as 3rd person singular where their is no gender. Their is no equivalent in Hebrew. Nouns must be female or male.