• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We have no idea how our universe came into being, just a load of speculations, God being one.
does that word include yourself?....
at least I am willing to say you exist.....you keep answering my posts.

I am also willing to say God exists.....there is the creation all around us

prometheus11

You're correct, Thief, I do not have evidence that God does not exist. I do not have evidence that unicorns do not exist. I do not have evidence that Bigfoot doesn't exist. I do not have evidence that there isn't a celestial teapot orbiting Saturn.

Do you know of any items or beings that don't exist for which you can provide evidence that they don't exist?

But I have zero evidence for God, unicorns, and Bigfoot.

And again, I don't have to choose if spirit or substance came first just like you don't have to decide which face of a quarter to put in the gum ball machine first. I claim that spirit and substance are merely different representations of the same thing.

prometheus11

So, Thief, people who don't believe that the universe was created don't need to be concerned with a creator, right?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're correct, Thief, I do not have evidence that God does not exist. I do not have evidence that unicorns do not exist. I do not have evidence that Bigfoot doesn't exist. I do not have evidence that there isn't a celestial teapot orbiting Saturn.

Do you know of any items or beings that don't exist for which you can provide evidence that they don't exist?

But I have zero evidence for God, unicorns, and Bigfoot.

And again, I don't have to choose if spirit or substance came first just like you don't have to decide which face of a quarter to put in the gum ball machine first. I claim that spirit and substance are merely different representations of the same thing.
well then ...get on topic....
we are discussing God

leibowde84

Veteran Member
call the situation anything you like.....
back to the singularity.....evidence or no....
and choose....

all else that you believe (or don't) extends from the beginning

choose well
We don't know anything about what existed or what physical laws applied to the "time" before the big bang. I said "time" because time, as we know it, did not exist at that point. So, when you ask for a "cause" for the singularity/big-bang, it is nonsensical. Cause and effect is only applicable when time exists. When time doesn't exist, we do not know whether a cause is necessary.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So, Thief, people who don't believe that the universe was created don't need to be concerned with a creator, right?
He will sneak up on you in your last hour.....to see what stands from the dust.

if you want.....you can wait til the last breath to consider the pending situation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We don't know anything about what existed or what physical laws applied to the "time" before the big bang. I said "time" because time, as we know it, did not exist at that point. So, when you ask for a "cause" for the singularity/big-bang, it is nonsensical. Cause and effect is only applicable when time exists. When time doesn't exist, we do not know whether a cause is necessary.
a stance from ignorance?......again?

I am not asking the cause of the singularity....
I attribute that to God

and time does not exist.....at all.

prometheus11

Thief.

Consider beings that you don't believe exist. Can you provide any evidence for their nonexistence or do you simply lack any evidence at all that shows they might exist?

People who don't think the universe is a "creation" don't have any reason to consider a "creator" do they?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief.

Consider beings that you don't believe exist. Can you provide any evidence for their nonexistence or do you simply lack any evidence at all that shows they might exist?

People who don't think the universe is a "creation" don't have any reason to consider a "creator" do they?
and some people ignore cause and effect....at the point of singularity
God is the Cause .....the universe is the effect.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and you will deny science and the all important....cause and effect....

Spirit first.