• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You have a head stuffed full of religious beliefs. That isn't wisdom, it's comforting fantasy.
C'mon....you are a self professed atheist...posting comments like this does nothing to further your unfolding understanding of the universe that brought you into existence....don't you have the least curiosity as to what and who you really are? Why are you even here at RF posting such childishness...

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
don't you have the least curiosity as to what and who you really are?

Or course I do, but it's a process of mature investigation and discovery, not your childish clutching at metaphysical straws like "God" and "spirit".

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Or course I do, but it's a process of mature investigation and discovery, not your childish clutching at metaphysical straws like "God" and "spirit".
But if you are a self professed atheist....you are not even considering 97.5% of the universe as having any import....seems like it's a case of being hobbled...

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Haha....you clutch at straws like "No God" and "No Spirit"...

So you do still believe in Father Christmas? Maybe he will bring you some nice presents this year, like some wisdom and humility which you are obviously in great need of.

prometheus11

Do you think it impossible for such an entity to impart knowledge to us so that we can know things for certain?

I don't. I know there is.
The same way you do.

I think you underestimate the definition.

1. No.
2. How?
3. I'm not underestimating anything. It's not my definition. In asking you about your definition. Why so cryptic?

prometheus11

But if you are a self professed atheist....you are not even considering 97.5% of the universe as having any import....seems like it's a case of being hobbled...

Are you suggesting that things which cannot be detected by any measurement be considered? What percentage of my time should be spent considering invisible, undetected things?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Are you suggesting that things which cannot be detected by any measurement be considered? What percentage of my time should be spent considering invisible, undetected things?
Depends how much time you are prepared to spend on religious practice..religious practice is dealing with much more than the detectable physical...it is your choice for your life...

prometheus11

Depends how much time you are prepared to spend on religious practice..religious practice is dealing with much more than the detectable physical...it is your choice for your life...

No thanks. People who spend their lives devoted to religion don't reach a concerns is and there is no authority that will bother to set them straight on the matter.

Besides, I spent half my life pursuing the spiritual. After those many years, I realized it was all woo with nothing to offer a way to settle differences of opinion.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No thanks. People who spend their lives devoted to religion don't reach a concerns is and there is no authority that will bother to set them straight on the matter.

Besides, I spent half my life pursuing the spiritual. After those many years, I realized it was all woo with nothing to offer a way to settle differences of opinion.
As I said on another thread to you....the true path, the straight path with the narrow gate....is extremely difficult....it appears you never made the narrow gate entry...it is not about opinion, it's about actual spiritual functioning...

serp777

As I said on another thread to you....the true path, the straight path with the narrow gate....is extremely difficult....it appears you never made the narrow gate entry...it is not about opinion, it's about actual spiritual functioning...
There's no such thing as a true path and the gate is actually infinitely wide since there are an infinite number of paths you could take in different circumstances. There is no right answer as far as we can tell. Spiritual functioning is a pure invention and is essentially mumbo jumbo that has no meaning when you haven't defined it specifically.

prometheus11

Prove you're on a path. Any path.

Your progress is as imaginary as the lunatic who claims to be learning more and more from the aliens who are teaching him a secret language that no one can understand

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
There's no such thing as a true path and the gate is actually infinitely wide since there are an infinite number of paths you could take in different circumstances. There is no right answer as far as we can tell. Spiritual functioning is a pure invention and is essentially mumbo jumbo that has no meaning when you haven't defined it specifically.
Oh noes...it's serp777.. another failed disciple....you have a free pass through the wide gate...haha...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Prove you're on a path. Any path.

Your progress is as imaginary as the lunatic who claims to be learning more and more from the aliens who are teaching him a secret language that no one can understand
You can imagine anything you like....failed spiritual aspirants go out the wide gate....sorry...