• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

Janardena

He's a trusted friend and ally. And, even when I feel the most alone and depressed, I always have someone to talk to and bounce ideas off of. That's more than enough for me.

In your world view is God actually reall (according to His Nature), or just like an imaginary friend?

Janardena

Haven't you been arguing from ignorance this whole time, though. Asking where certain things came from and asserting that, without a natural explanation, God must be responsible? I mean, that is facially logically fallacious.

I'm not sure that was my position.

But it's been quite a while since I left you with my response, to which you have yet to reply.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Do you believe that God is separate to His creation?
Yes, which is why we are plagued with disease, pain, distress, sadness, depression, poverty, natural disasters, etc. along with the good in life. We have no one to blame but ourselves in this way.

Janardena

Yes. It explains how reasonable people determine theta proposition is fact.

It's the same process you use to label a proposition as "fact."

The thing is you nor anyone else has explained how the facts explain purpose as being a property of evolution. You have simply asserted that it is so.

prometheus11

The thing is you nor anyone else has explained how the facts explain purpose as being a property of evolution. You have simply asserted that it is so.

No.

You're missing the point.

I explained how reasonable people come to determine a proposition as fact.

I have NEVER said that "purpose" is a property of evolution.

Janardena

I explained it. Your response was "do you really believe this stuff".

Now, since we don't have to worry so much about hunting and gathering, our "drive" is used to help us in our family life. This drive is certainly stronger in some than others, and is in no way dependant on belief in God and what not.

Really?
This is simply using one assumption to back up another.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Why don't you just explain the evidence that validates the notion that purpose is an evolutionary trait It would be a lot easier.
Again, our purpose comes from our survival instinct, which is an evolutionary trait. I provided an article which explains the evidence for our survival instinct. Did you read it?