• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it difficult to understand theists?

Rawshak

In different discussions or debates that has been in RF for some time, it look like some people have difficult in understanding how or why theists believe what they do?

If you have trouble understanding theists, what do you feel is the difficult?
When a theist answer you how he or she have their belief and how they come to their answers in the religious belief, do you take time to listen to what they theist sis trying to tell you? or do you use your own understanding of religion to assume what the theist actually saying is?

(PS: this is no attack at anyone who are not a theist, it hopefully will become a thread that clerify what you struggle to understand)

I think the religious person has issues with just saying what they think, they have one eye on "does it contradict my god, scripture or another revered religious person, or weaken my belief.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think the religious person has issues with just saying what they think, they have one eye on "does it contradict my god, scripture or another revered religious person, or weaken my belief.
I understand this is your view/understanding of how Theists think or want to answer different questions asked to them :)

Speaking only for my self: to keep the word of God as pure and correct as possible is very important, so we do not misrepresent God, since no human being can understand God in the purest form, it is more or less impossible to know and understand the highest form of truth (the truth God holds) So each time a believer speaks, it is best if this person says "in my understanding" instead of saying "this is what God means by so and so"

The different answers given, especially if it takes time between the person answer them, could mean that the believer has understood deeper wisdom about the topic in discussion, and this lead to the person understand that the previous answer was wrong, they will then try to give as good answer they can, according to their current understanding.
So the answers given in the beginning of a spiritual journey, and what the answer would sound like after years and years on the spiritual journey will probably look very different. according to new understanding and wisdom.

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
Not difficult at all. With empathy, if someone is willing they can at least try to think of what existence would be like if they were born in another’s shoes, having their innate programming/environment and their external environment.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
All human stated information of beliefs pre exist.

We are born innocent and adult indoctrination their beliefs begin.

We are however a self in a self experience also.

So we can challenge the group consensus.

Basic human advice to suffer caused me to question spirituality.

I nearly died as a baby the place moment in my conscious presence. I realised my parents chose to have sex. I was not included in their choice.

Seeing my family suffering as humanity I realised two humans having sex never owned everyone's life presence today .

Yet it was preached.

I wondered why.

Learnt.

It was to bring to our attention once we all were the same DNA human life being.

As sex is extended family human continuance.

I thought about the idea extended family. I agreed as I felt love for them. Could not bare to see anyone hurt or suffering. Didn't like animals suffering either. Felt guilty if I hurt trees.

I admired their artistic gifts. Family

Then I read the historic advice why family introduced the cult group science. And how life was then changed by science occult radiation practice.

History just non stop human cruelty.

Made common logic sense to be told humans are equal and our brothers human chose evil.

Didn't need any story to try to coerce the natural observations of one self.

Hence self observation in fact is the only human truth without indoctrination trying to convince me otherwise.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Not difficult at all. With empathy, if someone is willing they can at least try to think of what existence would be like if they were born in another’s shoes, having their innate programming/environment and their external environment.

Innate programming and environment are not always what can be said to lead to theism or atheism.
Both are decisions that people make as they get older after all.